10/22/2020 Extender not working again, starting new thread...
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

I want to mark the OP so I know which it is so I will only use this one thread and that is why I put the date in the OP, since our extenders go down so often maybe we should have one running thread for when they dont work, like now.

I updated to 14.1 IOS and it worked for 12 hours, not working now.

I will now do factory reset, which if I do from my laptop means I have to set up a new password AGAIN, as long as the factory default still is accurate I can do that, but what a pain.

I can do it from the back of the unit but I cant reach it easily, dont remember if that also causes the password to change.

Anybody else down?

edit

Did a power reboot only, working again, but I bet you it wont last long.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 10/22/2020 Extender not working again, starting new thread...
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Because of the short edit time, I have to do new post...

When I went online to the device my usually checked automatic under "automatic transmit power mode" was UNCHECKED and at 12 or something, so I checked auto again, I did NOT uncheck it at anytime or leave it unchecked.

Not sure what that has to do with it, we will see..

oh, no, stopped again...NOT working again

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Down again after power reboot.

Doing restart from admin page now, then will do factory reset after that...so frustrating, hoping it is not only me ? ? ?

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Working again, for now.  The auto transmit power mode on auto says 40% now.

Lets see how long it lasts.  Is one of the things you recommend when this is not working is to reboot modem?  As in the extender is actually not working off of towers but off of Verizon server therefore a fresh internet connection might sometimes work?

If that is the case is there a preferred sequence of shutting things down?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure these issues are addressed, and that your device connects properly. You mentioned it worked after completing an update on your phone. Did anything change on the Network Extender? Do you have other devices connecting at the same time? If so, did these connect as well? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Down AGAIN!  Doing a complete restart from admin site, again.

I wish I knew why this happened so often.  Help

NOT IN SERVICE MME communication failure, then it says it is in service but it doesnt work

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Did a complete restart, it is working for now  

Let me confirm please the default password

LTEFemto And then the last four Digits MAC ID correct?  And that last is an o not a zero correct? 

0 Likes
wallywanna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following.  Does not work for me.  Symptoms started with iPhone X and IOS 14 Beta.  My wife had a iPhone SE2020 and continued to workmfor her UNTIL IOS 14 official release for us both... not working for either... same thing... reset network extender, reboot phones, replug sim card... works for an hour at most then stops.  IOS 14.1 installed this AM and worked for a bit... then stopped.  Any further ideas?

Rich W

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, randys12. Please let us know how it works after the complete restart. -UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to know it's working, randys12. Please send us a private message to help you with your password. - UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes