3G Network Extenders stopped working a few weeks ago
Lee223
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have a cluster of 3G Network extenders that have worked fine for years. But they all stopped working a few weeks ago, we have verified power, GPS and internet connectivity, and all of those lights go blue, but the System light flashes red slowly then fast and then it reboots itself. We thought it was a network issue but I have taken them to a different site in a different internet connection and same problem. We’re these shut down early as part of the 3G shutdown? I’d like to get an official answer from VZW, I called support and could not get an official answer. I know about the 4G extenders but they present a problem as the signal is very strong and the data is very fast, we have a data limit on our internet connection and last time we tried a 4G extender, people unknowingly used large amounts of data and ran us over our limit. I just need these for basic phone service text and 911, the 3G extenders have worked perfectly for that. I knew they were going away but I thought we had until the end of the year. If not we need to figure out a way to throttle customers on the 4G extender without negatively impacting voice calls as happens when I throttle it from the LAN. 
many insight here would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G Network Extenders stopped working a few weeks ago
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us. I understand that you need the data limit on your network extenders. I don't see that the 3G network extenders were shutdown early. We do have some 4G basic phones available. Have you looked into these? They won't use as much data as the smartphones.

*Debbie

0 Likes
Re: 3G Network Extenders stopped working a few weeks ago
Lee223
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the info that the 3G Network Extenders have not been shut down early. Can you work with me to see why mine stopped working? I have read on other forums that sometimes they just need to be removed from the account and then put back on and they will work again. They've been on my account for several years and been fine. I called support but they didn't know what I was talking about with respect to Network Extenders, they thought it was a hotspot. I would love to get these working again. I disconnected one of them from the cluster and did a full reset on it using the Samsung Reset Tool, it still has the same issue. If you could work with me on that single unit, if we figure out the issue with it then we should be able to fix the rest of them.

I'm using this for customers, contractors, guests etc that aren't on our paid wifi system, so I have no control on the devices they use on it. I just know with the LTE extender, people will take advantage of the unlimited data, and the range on the LTE extenders is so far that neighbors will be using it to stream and running up the usage on my internet.

Thanks

0 Likes