3G extender no longer works, #48 says must be 4G extender
FLAcharlie

I got the Verizon Samsung SCS-2U01 network extender less than a year ago and it worked great.

I recently changed from an old Moto phone to the Verizon Zenfone AR.

Now when I call #48 it says must be 4G extender.

What, the 3G extender no good less than a year after I bought it ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G extender no longer works, #48 says must be 4G extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Could it be that phone model is 4G ONLY?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
FLAcharlie

The phone does

FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 20, 29)

WCDMA (Bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 😎

GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

LTE bands 2 and 4 should work for 3G

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe someone from Verizon can confirm if 1X voice or 3G EVDO data services of the 3G Network Extender is compatible with your model phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on what I'm reading from the specifications on phone, I would suspect it is a 4G VoLTE only device and doesn't support CDMA 1xRTT or 3G EDVO networks.

ASUS ZenFone AR | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FLAcharlie

I just had a very good call with Verizon tech support.

They're showing my new phone is not showing being associated with the network extender, they just need the MAC address of the network extender, which I will get to them when I'm at the other house.

They also confirmed that if I'm someplace that's 3G only (where I go in the mountains in CA) and not LTE, it should downgrade fine to 3G.

Will post again when all this is confirmed, but I'm optimistic.  Very knowledgeable person.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Interesting.  I don't recall having to have my visitors' phones 'registered' manually to my 3G Network Extender.  They picked up the 'local' network on their own.  Of course, they didn't have the new phone you have.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Just checked My Verizon->My Plan & Services->Network Extender->Manage Network Extender.  I realized I have it set to 'Open Access'.  Could it be that yours is not 'Open'?  That being the case, you might have to 'add' your new phone to it to allow use.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone is truly a 4G VoLTE only device, it just won't work on the older 3G extender.

Verizon Wireless does sell a 4G LTE extender, but it doesn't have as many access control features as the 3G extender.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes