4G LTE Network Extender 2 stuck on step 4
MonRickster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am stuck on step 4 and the Extender will reboot itself get stuck on step 4 then repeat that process.

I have 4G LTE Network Extender 2 at work that will just not work. Initially it was not purchased though Verizon so it was stuck on step 8a. Found a lot of info on that and after a while someone was able to add the MAC address to the account. After that it was working but the next day I had to move it. I unplug it, move it and plug it back in and now it is stuck on step 4.

I have called multiple times only to be on hold for hours or transferred to another dept as soon as I mention it has to do with a business account but I really just need some tech support to let me know if their is anything I can do to fix this.

I haven't found much about being stuck on step 4 besides the Troubleshooting page that lists step 4 as S/W Initialization and under Actions it lists, No action, please wait.

I have also tried to reset it using the small button on the back but nothing happens. I've held the button in for 10, 30, 60 seconds and nothing. Just stuck on step 4.

To recap I am stuck on step 4 and the Extender will reboot itself get stuck on step 4 then repeat that process. Cannot reset it or find info on this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender 2 stuck on step 4
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MonRickster wrote:

I am stuck on step 4 and the Extender will reboot itself get stuck on step 4 then repeat that process.

I have 4G LTE Network Extender 2 at work that will just not work. Initially it was not purchased though Verizon so it was stuck on step 8a. Found a lot of info on that and after a while someone was able to add the MAC address to the account. After that it was working but the next day I had to move it. I unplug it, move it and plug it back in and now it is stuck on step 4.

I have called multiple times only to be on hold for hours or transferred to another dept as soon as I mention it has to do with a business account but I really just need some tech support to let me know if their is anything I can do to fix this.

I haven't found much about being stuck on step 4 besides the Troubleshooting page that lists step 4 as S/W Initialization and under Actions it lists, No action, please wait.

I have also tried to reset it using the small button on the back but nothing happens. I've held the button in for 10, 30, 60 seconds and nothing. Just stuck on step 4.

To recap I am stuck on step 4 and the Extender will reboot itself get stuck on step 4 then repeat that process. Cannot reset it or find info on this.

What type/speed of internet connection do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
MonRickster
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jav6 

Do no think internet is the issue the issue. This unit is being used at my work. We have Comcast business. Also we use two other of these identical extenders in different areas without issue.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MonRickster wrote:

@jav6 

Do no think internet is the issue the issue. This unit is being used at my work. We have Comcast business. Also we use two other of these identical extenders in different areas without issue.

Do you have the option to move it back to the original location to see if the issue goes away?  Or, maybe a different extender to try at the problem location?  Is it possible that the new location has its internet connection off of a router/switch that has a bad port?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MonRickster
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jav6 

Yes, I've tried it in it's original location along with several others and in different buildings.

Step 4 seems to be part of the booting process where it runs the software on the extender. It never makes it to the point of connecting to satellites and having an internet connection.

I'm really just trying to figure out if it's a piece of junk at this point if it stuck because of some sort of software issue or if anyone else has run into it before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there MonRickster and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We never like to hear that you are having trouble activating your network extender. Help has arrived to gather some additional details so that we can assist you further. To get started, have you been able to verify if the device needs to complete a software update? Has this ever displayed previously about completing an update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that information. Step four is the software initialization. During this step, no action will need to be taken. Just to ensure we are on the same page, how long has the device been stuck on step four or before it reboots itself? I am sure you have seen this set of diagram but just in case if not or for future reference: http://spr.ly/6606Gg0Xo Are you able to power the device off or does it just continually reset itself?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration and I'm sorry we are unable to provide further assistance via this channel. We will need to review the account to make sure all is connected properly and go through some detailed steps to make sure it's working. Did you buy this Network Extender from us? This team via this channel does not have access to Business accounts. I'm sorry but you will need to call 1-800-922-0204 and speak with someone in our Business support team for further assistance. 

0 Likes
MonRickster
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 

While being stuck on step 4 the extender will reboot itself after 15 or 20 mins and repeat that until I unplug it.

It can be powered off by unplugging it. It doesn't have a switch for on/off and the reset button does not actually reset no matter how long I was holding it.

I have seen that diagram as this same extender was stuck on a different step in the past but I was able to get it activated. With step 4 being related to software is their any way to update the software on it or is this extender just dead in the water?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MonRickster, we want your Network Extender to work for you. We are here to help.

Typically, the device would check for updates automatically when it is activating. If there is an option to manually update the device, it would be found in the Settings on the Admin page. Here is a link to show you how to get to that page https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-215979

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes