4G LTE Network Extender Data Usage
Softstar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a remote area with no cell coverage.  I've been told that a 4G LTE Network Extender will do the trick if I tie it into my Satellite Internet (currently Hughes). 

Questions about the data usage. 

Am I paying for data twice?  Once through the Verizon cell phone, and 2nd by letting that Verizon signal use my internet connection?

Since the LTE signal isn't protected, can anyone will a Verizon cell phone connect to it?  And if so, am I paying for the data that Verizon is using for other customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender Data Usage
ANTHONY2018
Enthusiast - Level 1

It won't help. It won't work with satellite internet because of the latency. It will also eat up your allowance of anytime data gigabytes through Hughesnet. And yes, Verizon bills the data that to your account as if you were connecting to a tower, so it would be like paying for data twice. 

don't do it. 

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender Data Usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with your coverage, Softstar. I definitely want to make sure that you know more about 4G LTE Network Extenders. Currently, home satellite service is not supported by a Network Extender. This is confirmed on page #3 of the user manual here: http://spr.ly/66021FZu4 This device does use data to operate. Does this clarify? Did you need help with troubleshooting your service issues?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes