4G LTE Network Extender - I have to pay to activate it??? Error 5A
Phoneinternetuser111

I have a Netgear Orbi router that is wired throughout my home.  I purchased a 4G LTE Network Extender directly from the Verizon store with the promise that all I have to do is "turn it on and plug it into my router."  I'm interviewing for jobs and my phone keeps dropping mid-call, it's embarrassing and I really can't use my Verizon phone as a "home phone."

In store experience:

• Take it home and plug it in, it works like magic

Online experience:

• Verizon forum: It's a disaster, only works if you are a Network engineer and can play with port triggers on your router.   You can move it around the house, but many people get error 5A
  • Verizon forum: Call them and register your mac address, then it should work!

Phone experience:

• Phone people were confused, escalated to technical support.
  • You bought this device, so you will have to pay to activate the line and pay monthly as if it is a new phone number.
  • Because you bought it upfront, you have to pay for monthly service too!
  • Instead, file a ticket and either get a loaner or wait for them to resolve.  Proactively buying a network extender was not the right way to go.
  • Let us transfer you to someone who can open a ticket for bad service in your area.  Then transferred to "would you like to continue in English or Spanish" and then errored-out at the phone number input.  This is a really poor experience.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - I have to pay to activate it??? Error 5A
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very concerning, we need to figure out what's going on with your network extender to get you better service right away. Please send us a Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Phoneinternetuser111 wrote:

I have a Netgear Orbi router that is wired throughout my home.  I purchased a 4G LTE Network Extender directly from the Verizon store with the promise that all I have to do is "turn it on and plug it into my router."  I'm interviewing for jobs and my phone keeps dropping mid-call, it's embarrassing and I really can't use my Verizon phone as a "home phone.".

.   .

There is NO charge to activate it and it DOES NOT need its own line on your account.  You need to get level-2 support to add the MAC ID of the extender to the network database associating it to your account.  This doesn't always happen automatically or the database isn't updated properly.  Call 800-922-0204 or 888-262-1999

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Phoneinternetuser111

How do I send a private note?  It took me over an hour to return the device at the store because I wanted a refund and not a "gift card."  This has wasted an entire weekend.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you had to return the 4G LTE Network Extender and that it took you an hour to do so.

Verizon offers our 30-Day Worry-Free Guarantee grace period for returns, exchanges, and refunds. For more information about our Return Policy, please visit our website at https://www.verizon.com/support/return-policy/.

We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced during your recent store visit. We've also noted your reference about being offered a gift card instead of a refund. We'd be more than glad to help.  

-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.http://spr.ly/6604MjfcK

-Robert C.

0 Likes