4G LTE Network Extender does not work with iPhone XR
anon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently installed a SLS-BU10B Network Extender in my home network.  It works OK with a Pixel 2 phone.  However, for the iPhone XR phone it worse than before the extender.   The iPhone shows 4 or 5 bars when not making a call.  Dialing #48 does say that the phone is under Network Extender coverage.   However, when dialing, the call either does not go through or it drops down to 1 bar.   The extender appears to indicate 1 connected user at first but then shows 0 connected users for the rest of the call.  Additionally, when people try to call there is often no ring and also no missed call indicated. Below is some more diagnostic information:

• NE Software Version: 3.1.6.01
  • The following is enabled:  Settings>Cellular>Options>Enable LTE>Voice and Data
  • The manual says to Enable Advanced Calling in the "My Verizon" app.  However, this option does not appear to be available in the app.  It also does not appear anywhere when logging into the Verizon Wireless account.
  • iphone software version: 12.2
  • Wifi Calling is enabled, but also tried with disabled.
  • Phone signal without extender at home: 1 bar
Labels (1)
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender does not work with iPhone XR
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anon7, that is very strange that you are having issues connecting to the network extender with your iPhone XR. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Based on the steps you have already taken the next thing I want you to do is reset your network settings. Once your settings have been reset I want you to reconnect to your Wi-Fi but make sure Wi-fi calling is disabled. Once you have followed those steps I want you to try making a call to see if you are staying connected. Let me know what happens. 

JustinB_VZW

0 Likes
anon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reset the iPhone Network Settings, but unfortunately, the same symptoms.  I disabled WiFi calling.  I also tried it before reconnecting the WiFi.

pbdb

I am having this issue with the Iphone6.  Started about a month ago.

0 Likes
angels96

I am having the same issue. I’ve had my 4G extender for 1-2 min and this just started happening in the last few days. Can someone please tell me how to resolve this or if I need to call Verizon for (hopefully) resolution?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to learn that you're also experiencing the same issue, pbdb. We want to work with your to find a quick solution. We'd like to ask a few questions to better assist. What changes or updates have been done on your devices lately? Have you tried restarting your phone or the Network Extender

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
angels96

No changes have been made to the devices. 

The network extender was working fine until sometime last week and suddenly started not letting incoming calls come through and when outgoing calls are made, not  received. 
I have WiFi and have had WiFi calling on AND off but it doesn’t make a difference. When i unplug the network extender and use WiFi calling, I have no problem. 

When I dial #48, it tells me I am under 4G network coverage but it doesn’t make the beeping sound when I place a call out. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to have a rock solid connection to your network extender at all times you are within range, angels96. Help is here with no need to call in. To clarify, are you also having issues with connecting an iPhone or something else? How close are you to the extender when you call? I know you mentioned having Wi-Fi calling both on and off. To avoid issues with the extender, please make sure that Wi-Fi calling is off at all times when trying to use the extender. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
KimM86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a level 2 support ticket open with Verizon for more than 2-weeks with more than 20-hours of support time logged without resolution.  Apple has even replaced the XR to ensure the issue wasn't hardware on their side.  The few setting option on the extender itself haven't made a difference, and neither has factory resetting the extender.  The only temporary option identified so far is to shut off the extender and use WiFi calling on the iPhone.  All non-iPhone devices lose the extender signal and also need to switch back to WiFi calling.  

anon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem with WIFI calling is that Verizon no longer allows the option for most phones to force WiFi calling.   So if your cellular signal is only one bar, it will still connect with mobile.   This is the whole reason I got the extender.   If at least they would allow white listing, then I could leave the extender on for my Pixel phone and not interfere with the iphone.  I wish Verizon would escalate this to their technical geeks.

0 Likes