4G LTE Network Extender for Enterprise will not pull a DHCP IP
pdglaze

I have everything connected as the installation instructions say, but when I plug the Ethernet cable into the BH port on the NE and then into my switch, I get no link, therefore it does not pull an IP.  However, when I unplug the NE side BH port and plug it into the LMT port on the NE, the switch links up immediately but it will still not pull an IP since it is the LMT port.  CONFUSED!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender for Enterprise will not pull a DHCP IP
jav6
Champion - Level 3

The Backhaul port provides Ethernet connectivity at 100 Base-TX/1000 Base-T.  Is it possible the switch port is configured differently, possibly AUTO?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your Network Extender is up and running Pdglaze. When did this start? Has it worked before? What are you trying to accomplish?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pdglaze

I am so sorry for no response.  I had to stop working on this and move on to something else.  I am now back to trying to get this device working.  I have a GPS signal on the NE but I still have no IP.  The switch port was set to Auto speed so I changed it to speed 100, still no IP.  I then changed it to speed 1000, still no IP.  Not sure what to do next.  It has never work from opening the box brand new.  I just need to be able to use this device for my cell phone coverage that has no signal where I am in the building.

Again, I am so sorry for the lack of response. I will keep on here until we can hopefully resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help,

Phil Glaze

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What if you try connecting directly to a router and bypass the switch?  Maybe someone can do some packet captures/diagnostics on the router to see if it sees the extender requesting an IP assignment.

0 Likes
pdglaze

I can't.  This is an enterprise network and the building router is in another room on the first floor and I am on the second floor.  Only have switch access.  I can put whatever VLAN is needed on the switch but that shouldn't make a difference.  As long as it pulls an IP it should be fine.  I'm not even getting it to link to the switch port.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe you need to take the extender to a local VZW store to have them test it.

0 Likes
pdglaze

I will do that.  I will see what they have to say.

Philip [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pdglaze, cell phone coverage is critical, especially while working. I am sorry to learn your 4G LTE Network Extender has not worked since you first opened the box. We want to make sure that you receive the assistance you are looking for, so I need to gather a few more details.

Where did you purchase the Network Extender from? What type of account is the network extender connected to (business/consumer)? Have you taken it to a Verizon store to have them test it yet?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FENDERPAMD

I did not want to not respond but I will have to look into our purchasing system to find out who we purchased the Extenders from.  We have two of them ad are getting the same results from both.

When you ask "what type of account is the extender connected to, (business/consumer)" are you saying the the extender needs to have a specific cell phone number account it is tied to?  At this point, no one has been very clear as to having to have an account that this device should connect to.  The instructions say that cell phone boosters need to be registered to an account but the network extenders do not have to be registered.  So I am getting conflicting messages.  Does this 4G LTE Network Extender have to have a cell phone account that it registers against?  I do know that one of the people that was involved with the vendor that we bought it from, said that the vendor told him it was just plug and play.  So we are not getting the same messages from all persons.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

On the other hand, we have not taken it to a VZW store to have them check it out.  I wanted to get as much info from your tech support before I took it there.  I wasn't too sure that anyone from just a VZW store would have any clues about this device anyway.  It's not a normal cell device that they might be familiar with.

Thank you for all of your help.

0 Likes