Re: 4G LTE Network Extender intermittently disconnects from Verizon network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear that your experience has improved, lbo12. Can you provide more specific details on this network disconnect that occurs? -Marshall

0 Likes
lbo12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here’s what my Alarm History says about my last network disconnect:

1SCTP link failure[Cleared]  SCTP HB failed over criteria10-21-2021 04:36:49 MDT
2IPSec down[Cleared]  This alarm is an indication of un-successful IP Sec tunnel set up with the SeGW (Security Gateway), due to failing DPD, etc.10-21-2021 04:36:43 MDT

0 Likes
coach42

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? We just got one of these extenders and we're having the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lbo12, we're sorry to read that you're still experiencing the issues with connectivity. Have you been able to place the router & the network extender near a window? -Alicia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coach42, we want to ensure the products you receive are working as they should. What exactly is going on with our Network Extender? Please share the details. -Shelly

0 Likes
lbo12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is my extender near a window? Yes. I unrolled the antenna wire with the sticky end and stuck it high up on a south-facing window. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that informaion Ibo12. Have you been able to confirm there have been no issues with your home internet service? Do you have any disconnects with it while the network extender is in use?-Candice

0 Likes
lbo12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m not aware of any issues with my Comcast internet service. The frequency of Extender disconnects did drop dramatically after Verizon pushed through the Extender firmware update on 9/9/21 to version:

• GA4.38 - V0.4.038.2131
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lbo12,

That's definitely good to hear. We want this to work the best it possibly can. How often has this been a problem since that update?

-Andrew

0 Likes
swieder711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did this issue ever get resolved?

I am having the same issue as described here.  Installed the new ASK-SFE116 about a month ago.  Was working fine.  The last week, I have seem may disconnects and reboot of the FemtoCell.

Verizon is my ISP.  80 Mbps up/down.  No outages.  01720 is my zip code.

Static IP address on the Router and Network Extender.

No Alarm Description Date & Time

1SCTP link failure[Cleared]  SCTP HB failed over criteria08-14-2022 17:02:53 UTC
2SCTP link failure[Cleared]  SCTP HB failed over criteria08-14-2022 05:23:37 UTC
3CPU overload (Major)[Cleared]  The CPU usage on the Femto exceeds the major threshold08-13-2022 08:19:02 UTC
4CPU overload (Warning)[Cleared]  The CPU usage on the Femto exceeds the warning threshold08-12-2022 14:24:22 UTC

1SCTP link failure[Cleared]  SCTP HB failed over criteria08-14-2022 17:02:53 UTC
2SCTP link failure[Cleared]  SCTP HB failed over criteria08-14-2022 05:23:37 UTC
3CPU overload (Major)[Cleared]  The CPU usage on the Femto exceeds the major threshold08-13-2022 08:19:02 UTC
4CPU overload (Warning)[Cleared]  The CPU usage on the Femto exceeds the warning threshold08-12-2022 14:24:22 UTC

0 Likes