Re: NO CELL SERVICE
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

TaylorH_VZW - who was your message about not getting a response to a PM to?  I have replied to a couple of initial PM's and did not get a response.  I can see them in my SENT box in this forum.

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Tomorrow will be a week with no activity on this issue.  Any updates???

To Caka - may phone always shows on the Admin Console page. #48 always states that I am connected to the extender.  I occationally get a call that rings to my phone even though it is sitting in the same spot I always have it when I am at home but all others go directly to voice mail.  Whenever I check the Admin Console page I always have 5 or 6 Strong (GREEN) GPS signals.  All setting on the Admin Console are set to default.  

0 Likes
mekertzman
Enthusiast - Level 3

ssprill has described my experience exactly.

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

I was told by multiple Verizon people, at their stores and when I called their 800 number to discuss plans, that due to a weak Verizon signal at my home that their new Askey LTE Extender would be the perfect solution to provide me with excellent cell service.     Someone from Verizon needs to figure out why this is not working for many customers. However, it does not appear to be important to them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ssprill, your time is valuable and we want to make sure you receive a resolution for your Network Extender concern. We are sorry to see that we are having some trouble receiving your Private Message responses. In order to further assist can you please contact us by using one of the methods provided from this link http://vz.to/2pmYJEd

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Went into the Verizon Extender console on my laptop this morning after I had an internet/cable TV outage with Charter/Spectrum overnight.

When I clicked "Operation Details" under "System Status" I noticed that there was a firmware upgrade installed to the Verizon Askey LTE Extender last night at 2:53AM.

Tried various calls to my phone and I am now getting all calls to my phone (not going directly to voice mail) and also get "missed call" messages.  Could this finally be fixed????

mekertzman, Caka, and onewhoflew - Can you please test this to confirm this if working for you?

mekertzman
Enthusiast - Level 3

That sounds promising, ssprill!  It appears mine received a firmware update on July 8 just after midnight.  Interestingly, on the following two nights under "reboot reasons" it shows reboots during the middle of the night for the reason "out of service more than an hour."  No reboots since July 10, 3 days ago.  Unfortunately, I'm not at that location so I can't determine the effect on our common problem.  I look forward to hearing the experiences of others here.  Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
CaKa

ssprill sounds hopeful. I do not show a firmware update applied yet. I will post as soon as I see one come through. Thanks for the update!!

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

I spoke to soon.  Received a couple of calls this afternoon that went directly to voice mail.  Did four test calls this morning, after I saw that the firmware was updated, and they all rang like they are supposed to. One from my wifes phone, one from my landline, one from a number that you can use to find a lost phone, and even had my daughter call me from Indiana (four hours from me).  Called my phone from my wifes phone and our landline this afternoon and they also went directly to voice mail.  There were no changes done to the Extender or my phone since this morning.  Not sure why this worked this morning and now it doesnt.  Does not make any sense.

Per Verizons request to me last Friday, in this forum, to use other methods of support.  I have spent many many hours on the phone with Verizon upper level support on this issue without success.   I was hoping that the Verizon reps on this forum could put some pressure on support to get this resolved.  I

0 Likes
jaredfaivre
Enthusiast - Level 3

No idea if its related but the problem may not be the extender at all. I don't have one, and connection to my local tower and over WiFi calling has been dropping out at random for the last 2 weeks. Verizon's telephone and chat support is a nightmare, and every thread I've responded to on here about the issue gets 1 or 2 responses from Verizon then the CSR goes AWAL. Seems to be a common theme with my experiences with Verizon so far. 

The service at least where I am is decent when its working but the Customer Service is absolutely atrocious. I don't know if I will make it a year with this provider. The problem seems to have resolved itself over the last 2 days but I haven't been contacted by Verizon at all about my multiple complaints. Its simply unacceptable. I'm pretty much ready to ditch this service and move to AT&T if I have any other problems - I've had enough. 

0 Likes