Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

@btlalum wrote:

Each of our phones (Galaxy S9 & S7) would ring the first time after the extender was rebooted, but would never ring subsequently.  Have had the device two or three weeks.  At present, it simply will not connect to the network, never getting beyond "Connecting to SeGW Server", even though nothing else has changed.  Had I not been sent this device gratis, evidently owing to my letter outlining our abysmal coverage, I'd be even unhappier.  Hardly a "ready for prime time" solution.

@btalum --

bbanic27 is correct.  Your issue is a different issue than what this thread is about.  This thread is about getting "no ring' and "no nottification" of an incoming call when using the Extender.  For your issue search from SeGw on the main forum page and you will find lots of dicsussions about your particular issue. 

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
btlalum
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, that's wrong.  But, I was too terse in my original posting, and I conflated the two issues--sorry for that. 

I said both phones would ring the first time after the extender was rebooted, but would NOT ring subsequently.  While I didn't explicitly say it was connected to the network, that was the implication.  In fact, when first received, the unit connected flawlessly and seemed to be the answer to our pathetic service here.  Unfortunately, within a day or so, we had realized that we had received NO incoming calls, all of which were rolling directly to voicemail without the phones' ringing, which is exactly the subject of this thread.  Deciding the "cure" for our lousy service was no cure at all, I disconnected the extender (4G LTE Network Extender, model "sFemto3").

Having found this thread a week or so later, I decided to try it again--and no joy: now we had the inability to connect that I also mentioned, an issue for which I should've found another thread.  Sorry for the confusion. 😐

0 Likes
lQ7JwPUTCssDukZhahW70
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears that both of my LTE Network Extenders had their firmware updated to GA4.38 - V0.4.038.2131 on 9/6/21. Does anyone know what the update entails and whether or not it fixes these issues? Mine have been set to closed access since that was (and maybe still is) the only way to use them without the issues outlined in this thread, so I wouldn't notice if it fixed the issues. Just wondering if any of you have received the firmware update, have open access set, and tested to see if it makes a difference or knows what the updated firmware entails.

0 Likes
-agadams-
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our extenders also received the FW update and initial tests are promising. I'm calling it a closed issue unless it rears its head again.

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

@-agadams- wrote:

Our extenders also received the FW update and initial tests are promising. I'm calling it a closed issue unless it rears its head again.

lQ7JwPUTCssDukZhahW70 stated that his Extender undated on  9/6.  I have talked with Verizon tier 2 support a couple of times since then and was told that this issue is still being worked on.  Has anyone else tested this yet.  I am waiting to hook mine back up until I get some good confirmations that this is fixed.  Have been let down too many time already.

VERIZON?????????????
0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Called Verizon to get status of my open ticket.  Tier 2 support said that this was fixed via an upgrade by the Extender vendor about 2 hours ago and my ticket was closed.  Hooked my Extender back up and turned off wifi calling on my phone.  Also set device to "OPEN" in MyVerizon online.   The extender updated firmware to version GA4.38 - V0.4.038.2131.

Needs thorough testing before I can confirm that this is fixed. 

-agadams-
Enthusiast - Level 2

Test away, please update if you find any issues.

ram5thwheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ssprill wrote:

Called Verizon to get status of my open ticket.  Tier 2 support said that this was fixed via an upgrade by the Extender vendor about 2 hours ago and my ticket was closed.  Hooked my Extender back up and turned off wifi calling on my phone.  Also set device to "OPEN" in MyVerizon online.   The extender updated firmware to version GA4.38 - V0.4.038.2131.

Needs thorough testing before I can confirm that this is fixed. 

My extender received a FW update on 9/21/2021.  I show the same version as stated above.  We just got back from a short vacation so we are also in the testing phase.  Will post again after a fair trial period.  GOOD LUCK!!

Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please keep us posted and reach out in the social media platform for DM and assistance.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Just checking, Agadams, I noticed that another community member, ram5thwheel gave some steps that worked for them. Have you tried those steps before? -Nicci

0 Likes