Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
-agadams-
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Nicci...I think you'll find if you read a few back in the thread that this issue has been resolved as far as I'm concerned.

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - phone not ringing, incoming calls going to voicemail
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

For the most part the Extender appears to be working OK with the latest firmware installed.  All of my test calls worked fine.  However, I was running errands today and when I came back I did a test call from my landline and it did not work.  I let my phone ring 3-4 times and did not get a “missed call” message.  I looked at my phone and it was cycling between NO SERVICE, then three bars, two bars, one bar, then back to NO SERVICE with my phone sitting on a table about 10 feet from the Extender.  This occurred several times.  Then after about 10 minutes I was automatically reconnected with the Extender and my test call worked fine. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear that your device took a few minutes to connect to the Network Extender when arriving back home. Lets get this figured out. Are any other devices having an issue with connecting to the Extender After leaving and coming back in range? Did you try dialing #48 when back home?  What make and model phone do you have? -Al

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

vzw_customer_support wrote:

I am so sorry to hear that your device took a few minutes to connect to the Network Extender when arriving back home. Lets get this figured out. Are any other devices having an issue with connecting to the Extender After leaving and coming back in range? Did you try dialing #48 when back home?  What make and model phone do you have? -Al

Al from Verizon -- I have the only Verizon phone in the house.  #48 did not work.  iPhone SE2020.

0 Likes
ram5thwheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ssprill wrote:

For the most part the Extender appears to be working OK with the latest firmware installed.  All of my test calls worked fine.  However, I was running errands today and when I came back I did a test call from my landline and it did not work.  I let my phone ring 3-4 times and did not get a “missed call” message.  I looked at my phone and it was cycling between NO SERVICE, then three bars, two bars, one bar, then back to NO SERVICE with my phone sitting on a table about 10 feet from the Extender.  This occurred several times.  Then after about 10 minutes I was automatically reconnected with the Extender and my test call worked fine. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

When I woke up this morning, my phone was not connected to the extender.  Upon arriving home last night, I did not check to see if it connected automatically when in reach.  I rebooted the phone after determining that it had not connected and after the reboot, the phone then connected to the extender.  Samsung Galaxy 10 with latest firmware.  This has happened before!

To my knowledge, I am unaware of any missed calls but still testing new firmware.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your concerns are met. This is certainly concerning, and we want your service to run smoothly. Please send us a Private Message to continue. *Licia

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

FYI - Verizon techincal support spoke with the Extender manufacturer, Askey, today and you can not add a Verizon Prepaid customers number to the Extender "closed" or "hybrid" list.  Very disappointing.

If you try to enter a Prepaid number you receive the message "Your changes cannot be saved due to system error. Please try again later."