Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,882 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
4G LTE Network Extender: web interface admin login broken
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

When my Network Extender is up I should be able to go to it's IP address and get status information from the web admin interface. Problem is that I can't log into the web admin interface. I've reset the Network Extender, and it will not recognize the default admin password from the Users Guide: LteFemtØ.

What can I do now to log into the Network Extender? Was the default admin password changed from what's in the users guide? According to the web admin interface login page, I have version 3.1.1.00 of the Network Extender firmware. Don't know if this is the latest, or how I would update the thing if it isn't the latest.

Any help here? This is very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender: web interface admin login broken
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Were you ever able to log in to the admin page with a password that worked?  Which hardware version device do you have?  The User Guides for different hardware versions have the following default admin passwords:

SLS-BU102: enterpriseFemtØ

SLS-BU103: LteFemtØ

SLS-BU10B: LTEFemto + last 4 digits of the MAC ID

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a SLS-BU103. Yes, I was able to log into it when I got it, which I did and changed the password from the default long enough ago that I don't remember the process. However, the new password that I set back then didn't work just now, even though it used to. And resetting the device didn't revert it to the default password.

So I now have a problem. Can't log into the web admin interface at all. When I have a chance, I'll try resetting it again, but that sounds crazy. Like doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

0 Likes
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Second reset didn't help, still not responding to default password.

What a wonderful device. Sure is expensive for how well it works. Haven't tried whacking it yet...never helps, yet very satisfying.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

On this old post https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1566818 it was found the default admin password changed.  Do you have the VSR 2.0?  Have you tried LTEFemto + last 4 digits of the device MAC ID?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand how important it is for you to be able to reset your network extender's password without any issues, so you can log in to the web admin interface. We've attached a link that will guide you through this process. http://spr.ly/6588DmqPj

Geovann_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turns out it was my mistake. I was cutting-and-pasting the default password out of the user guide...I've been able to do this in the past. However, apparently the ASCII code for the zero digit used in the manual apparently isn't a zero. Once I actually typed the default password, that worked.

All I can say in my defense is that if the default password was easier to type, I wouldn't have bothered to cut-and-paste it in the first place. Next time you pick a default password, you might consider that, and make it simpler. Or put it in the user manual literally, rather than using special character codes. It's not going to be secret anyways if it's in the user manual, so why not make it easier to type, like "password" or "admin". Just a thought.

Thanks.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Great catch!  I wonder how many other users tried that 'cut and paste' got caught.  Apparently, the manual editor just wanted to visually show the zero with a line thru it, instead of the actual numeric zero.  In their defense, they did explicitly say in the text, 'Note that the last character is a numeral zero.'

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are pleased to hear that you were able to catch that. 

0 Likes