4G LTE Network Extender - worked 48 hrs then....poof!
sdjimbob
Enthusiast - Level 2

My brand new 4G/LTE Network Extender setup fairly quickly, and it worked well for about 48 hours. Suddenly, without any network changes or phone changes on my end, both phones wouldn't connect to it anymore. 

I've tried everything from quick restart, to full restart, to factory reset. Nothing has helped. Operational status is "In Service" and via the web interface I can't see any issues. But no phone will connect to it anymore...0 devices connected.

I know it's not an issue with my phones (Iphone 11, and iphone SE) or with my home ISP because when I plug in my older 3G Samsung extender, the phones connect immediately once all 4 blue lights are lit on it. I'm not a fan of how the 3G extender has worked though, which I why I wanted the 4G/LTE newer extender.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - worked 48 hrs then....poof!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdjimbob-

I'm sorry to hear that your Network Extender is not working. I am here to help get this resolved. What zip code are you in? How is your Wi-Fi from home working?

-CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
sdjimbob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I put in a ticket with your tech support already

0 Likes
sdjimbob
Enthusiast - Level 2

While tech support "fixed" the issue, it recurs continually. I can usually figure on it working for 3 days, then it knocks out all phones and won't let them connect despite showing operational status "IN SERVICE". It takes a hard reset and at least an hour before I'm lucky enough for the phones to connect back to it.

I do not recommend this device.

0 Likes
jdinkins

I feel your pain. I am having the same problem, with no results. I havent yet ck'd or called Verizon. The user guide is saying it is a firewall issue with the router. Which I have yet figured out how to manage or change the settings.  Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Instead of spending hours on the phone with tech support.

0 Likes