4G LTE Network Extender
nanowoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have lived in my present home for 14 years. The 1st 10 years my service with Verizon was excellent. For the last 4 years I've had terrible reception with calls dropping constantly and only one room in my house that I might get lucky enough to connect a call. Now they are telling me I need to get a. 4G LTE Extender. I thought they said they would provide it but I'm thinking I'm going to have to pay for this and all I see are people having trouble with it. Should I just switch providers and be happy that I'm getting the same terrible service for a lot less or sink more money into Verizon which is becoming like a money pit???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@nanowoman wrote:

I have lived in my present home for 14 years. The 1st 10 years my service with Verizon was excellent. For the last 4 years I've had terrible reception with calls dropping constantly and only one room in my house that I might get lucky enough to connect a call. Now they are telling me I need to get a. 4G LTE Extender. I thought they said they would provide it but I'm thinking I'm going to have to pay for this and all I see are people having trouble with it. Should I just switch providers and be happy that I'm getting the same terrible service for a lot less or sink more money into Verizon which is becoming like a money pit???

I purchased a 4G LTE Network Extender 2 last month to help with service in rural Northern Vermont.  I plugged it in at my home and it came online thru my Comcast internet service without issues.  I used it here for a couple days to get familiar with it and make sure there were no issues, which there weren't for me.  I then moved it to the final destination 25 miles away in the mountains, plugged it in and it came up and online without issues (other than reported location provided to phone apps issue), also on Comcast internet.  It has worked fine for me at two locations without issues.  Not sure what causes others issues, but may be related to local network, internet access or maybe faulty devices.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to lose you as our customer, nanowoman. We are here for you. We have sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We don't want to lose you as our customer, nanowoman. We are here for you. We have sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @steveng_vzw  Since this is a Community Public Forum, if you are able to assist @nanowoman using non-private info/troubleshooting, please share it with us all.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
rvortman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Totally agree that the Network Extender should be free. In essence, you're paying for Verizon service already, to have to buy a piece of hardware because Verizon isn't doing the job that their coverage map led you to believe that they're doing is just bogus. Verizon should provide these, as does T-Mobile, for at most a deposit that you get back if and when you leave Verizon and return the Network Extender.

This is especially true for a long term customer that had good coverage and now doesn't...it isn't their fault that Verizon's coverage went away, so why should they pay for Verizon's infrastructure to get their coverage back to where it was before Verizon fumbled the ball? Verizon needs to take responsibility for this type of situation and do the right thing.

Setting aside the ethics and morality issue, the Network Extender 2 that we got gives us 4 bars of cell coverage throughout our house, and calls and texts have been working just fine using it. Before the Network Extender, we were using wi-fi calling...that was fine, too, but tended to use more phone battery than the Network Extender does.

That does raise the issue of whether the OP has tried wi-fi calling...That also works to get usable Verizon coverage where cell coverage isn't good enough. So I'd recommend looking at that possibility as well. Actually, before spending money on a Network Extender.

0 Likes