4G LTE network extender and iphone 12pro
SS83

We received our Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender and everything was working great with iPhone X and XR. I upgraded from X to a iPhone 12 Pro last week and everyday since I’ve had that phone the Network Extender will continually go between Server Error 9A and No Service Code 32 for anything between 30 mins to 2 hrs. It will say “inactive” even though it’s connected to 8 or 9/12 satellites. It eventually decides to remain active for about 24 hrs and then the same thing happens again. Again this has only been since I brought the iPhone 12 Pro into the house. 
I have chatted online with tech support and they tell me factory reset and talk with apple or call tier 2 tech support (currently trying to get through to tech support on the phone while typing this). I’ve spoken to apple and they are no use either. Said I have to take device into apple store for appointment even though it won’t happen there since it needs to be connected to the Network Extender. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE network extender and iphone 12pro
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, SS83. We know how important is for your 4G LTE Network Extender to work properly. The 9A error message indicates an issue with your Wi-Fi networks LAN/Firewall settings. For this issue have you checked your LAN/Firewall setting to ensure the Network Extenders IP is not being blocked? 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
SS83

We have not changed any of router settings, etc. The extender has worked great since June then since I got the iPhone 12 Pro we are receiving those error codes daily for a periods of time and then it works ok again. The screen will show error code 9A and “inactive” but still connected to satellites. So I’m not sure if the iPhone 12 Pro is interfering with the our router/WiFi/network. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need with your extender concerns, SS83. Are you currently experiencing issues? 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
SS83

Yes! I called tier 2 tech and was told I’d receive a call back within 24 hours but nothing. This is happening daily. Apple are sending me a new iphone in case it’s the apple device that is interfering. We had no issues until I got the iphone 12pro . We are using Orbi mesh system. The extender disconnects and shows error 32 as soon as there are devices streaming. Again we did not have this issue before the 12pro was present. It also happens more frequently 4 or 5 times a day now, during the day Mon-Fri. After 6pm it seems to keep connected and then weekends it may go off once or twice only. It’s all very confusing. Again let me say NONE of this happened prior to having to iphone 12pro. Maybe it’s just coincidence. We’ve had the lte extender since June, do Verizon offer replacements? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, SS83. We can certainly look into this further to see what is causing this problem. We have sent you a private note. Please reply to the Private Note so we can look into this further. -Gerson

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SS83. Please reply to this Private Note so we can continue working on this issue with your network extender. -Gerson

0 Likes