Re: 4G Network Extender Issues
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is strange.

My internet service has not changed. All of my signal levels are perfect.

MY router is perfect. It is only seven months old. NO issues with it.

There was a firmware update to the network extender around the time this started.

I was told by level 2 tech support that update 2.0.0.01 was not the issue.

To be sure I did a full reset using the reset button on the back of the extender.

After booting up the extender was "In Service" and the same problem exists.

My phone was replaced with a new one which is up to date with all software.

And I still have unreliable phone service in my home for close to a month.

I have missed countless calls because of lack of service.

I could not make a call right now if I tried.

Not a safe situation.

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

My 4G Extender does exactly the same thing. Especially after but not limited to a brief power outage.When Level 3 techs try everything to no avail and find nothing, all of a sudden it works fine again, sometimes in hours or days later until the next event! There apparently was a Samsung Update last month and that seems to have been the start of the issue! Its not your phone! They drive crazy about it possibly being the Phones! Its not and that was proven, except maybe for some iPhones which we do not have.  BTW: If they can not or won't  fix it file a FCC complaint, its very easy to do. I am getting to that point.

0 Likes
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is nice to know I am not the only person having this issue.

Both Level 1 and 2 support seem to be having  their own issues. I have been lied to over many of my phone calls  to them. thing is nobody will allow you to speak to the person you spoke to an hour before. The new person you speak to always tells you that they will now take care of you. What a load of garbage.They really do not care about customers. They could really care less if you have service or not.

According to the last person I spoke to my trouble ticket was" At the highest level we have. It is priority one."

That was over 3 days ago and the only results I get are automated text messages telling me that the ticket is still being worked on.

Never thought about filing a complaint with the FCC . they are sending me a new extender to try to be honest I do not think that will work. May be the FCC can help me.

I do wonder what the Executives of Verizon Wireless would think about this or even know that there are customers out there who pay for Verizon service and cannot use it. And their customer support teams really do not care and are not willing to help.

Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got fed up with customer service and tech support and figured I might try the executive level.

I went to the Verizon webpage and discovered a list of executives of Verizon wireless.

Was able to send a message to Ronan Dunne The Executive Vice President & Group President Of Verizon Wireless. Didn't accept much but I did receive an automated email saying some one would contact me in one business day. Was I surprised when I got a call from some one in that group.

They seem to have a much higher priority than everyone else has. My new network extender arrived yesterday and after calling to have it attached to my account it worked perfectly. and had been for over 24 hours.

I have to say it is nice to make and receive calls within my house. Doesn't sound like a big deal but for me it is.

If I ever have any problems like I did I will go directly to the executive branch and bypass all the unhelpful, unprofessional and untrained customer service/tech support people I worked with.

And to jerro...give the executive group a shot. It worked for me it might help you out too.

Markn455
Enthusiast - Level 1

My experience is that it seams like they have a list of common questions and standard answers. Many of the people monitoring this board have limited knowledge or troubleshooting skills. If it's not clearly in their technical FAQ's they just put some bs out there hoping you will give up and go away. The phone people are not much better.

I seriously don't understand why Verizon wouldn't off the same "priority" feature like they offer in the 3G extender. Just does not make sense. If not that, allow us to activate the "white list" feature like AT&T uses on their extender. For my needs, I need a "black list" so I can prohibit one or two numbers from gong through the extender.

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been there,nice but mostly talk! The issue are deeper than VZW, its also includes the vendor Samsung, the design, the capabilities, the programming & quality.  Agree it needs a white list! thanks

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Total disgrace; 2 hrs on phone  calls to get someone to AGAIN open a trouble ticket on the Extender. Same issue as others mentioned! Typing New FCC Complaint. Seems Verizon is too big and bureaucratic to handle the volume anymore.

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the status of your new Extender? Last reset by Level 3 worked for a few days and then failed again! Almost a year ago when I received this 4g LTE Extender it worked fine at boosting signal BUT  for the location, the device got the correct GPS location but made the Weather and Maps on the Phones think it was 60 miles North, some people reported 100's of miles off.  After 3 months  A great level 3 tech found that the device was not properly coded for my area. Fixed!

The present issue since the Latest Update is everything you described, won't work in the same room, signal is in and out or not at all. Several times Tech level 3 did resets, so did I.  Sometimes it would work for a few days then fail again. Now its rather useless and we are back to Bad coverage! Samsung is apparently not responding to Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless should have other Vendors as a back up. Waiting to hear from FCC.

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been with VZW since Bell Atlantic days 1989 for business and personal wireless service. Its a strenuous chore dealing with them anymore. Time to explore what others offer and move on, I guess.

0 Likes
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new extender has been perfect since the install. To be honest the range is better.

While I was waiting on the phone with tech support during the activation I asked about the trouble tickets that I had outstanding and low and behold he read the notes to me, it seems that the real trouble started when the network tech reset the extender to use the advanced 4g LTE network. If he would have checked he would have seen we do not have the advanced network here. Come to find out that the extender seemed to be fine but there was some kind of internal problem they could not see.

I even spoke to my cable company again to make sure they were not the problem. They told me they did not have an issue with the extender at all. But they did tell me that they have gotten a lot of calls about Verizon network extenders not working in their areas. Seems strange to me.

I understand your frustration I too have been with Verizon for a long time.

To be honest I lay a lot of blame on Samsung. They manufacture these devices and really do not give anyone support on them. I had more than enough Verizon customer service and tech support people tell me to unplug the extender and  start using Wi-Fi  calling instead. That is ok if you have no service but even if you have one bar of service your phone will try and use it and block the Wi-Fi calling. With no Verizon  service at all it works perfect but if you have marginal service it will not work. Wi-Fi calling is a band aid for the fact they have spotty service in a lot more areas then you know.

To be honest I felt the way you do about switching to another carrier. AT&T and T-Mobile service in my area are very good . I told myself if this new  extender did not work I was going to switch but it so far is working fine. But if it starts to act up again and I would have to deal with tech support again I would not hesitate to port my number over to another carrier and more than likely pay less.

It is nice to have options.

0 Likes