Re: 4G Network Extender Issues
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope your new Extender works out well long term.Time will tell, please let us know. Thanks for getting back.

0 Likes
PeteBoston
Contributor - Level 1

Odd.  New device also has 2.0.0.1?  Mine has exhibited the same stability issues since the update.  Can't stay locked on it reliably anymore when it used to be strong enough to reach the whole neighborhood reliably and never drop. It's almost like it tells you it's at 100% power when it's really at 5.

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got a new extender a week ago to replace my original 4g unit, worked fine until someone either VZW or Samsung remotely RESET it in early morning hrs! Had to call Level 3 again. This is getting exhausting!

0 Likes
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well you are not alone...Mine did the same thing yesterday early in the morning. Have had little to no service since. I wish someone at Verizon would get the hint to leave these things alone so that customers can use their phones that we pay for.

I guess I should be lucky my new extender lasted a few weeks.

I am at a point that something has to change. Verizon either wants us as customers or they do not.

I called 4 times yesterday and still have not received a call back on what is going on.

I really do not want to go though another month of this garbage only to have the extender replaced and have it last a few weeks.

All I want to do it pick up my phone and make a call or to even receive a call. That's it nothing special.

We need to find someone at Verizon who takes their job seriously.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want nothing more than for you to have reliable service inside of your home, Mps991 and we appreciate your patience. We’d like to go over a few details and ensure you can make/receive successful calls.

Have you completed a full reset using the reset button the back of the network extender since this issue began? Were any changes made to your Network Extender or mobile device as of yesterday morning? Are all the call you attempt to make being affected?

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

To clarify the update to the network extender is a firmware update. Doing a reset using the reset button on the back of the extender does NOT remove this update. This update came out sometime the middle of June and it ruined my extender that had been working perfectly.  I asked level 3 tech support about this update and what it was supposed to do. They had no answer. No one has an answer to that question. That must be another department within Verizon that no one has contact with. I check my new extender when I received it and it did not have the update. When I checked again yesterday and low and behold it had been updated. Now my extender is"In Service" and I have no service in my house. Same thing happened to my last extender. Like I said the new one lasted 3 weeks. This needs to be addressed by someone and fixed. I am tired of all the red tape to get answers.

So now what do i do?

0 Likes
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

The firmware update came from Verizon not Samsung. According to the person at Samsung I spoke to they told me that the extenders are built to Verizon specs and then it is up to Verizon to send the updates to them.

Since you work at Verizon SteveR_VZW maybe you can find out what is going on.

I have made dozens of calls trying to get answers and guess what....I have no answers.

All anyone of us really wants is to be able to use the service that we pay for. That's it.

I would like to pick my phone up and make a call.

How would you like to pay for a service that you cannot use?

How would you like to call dozens of tech support people and have them all tell you they will fix the problem and nothing happens and in my case the service was worse. That is not what I call good service.

I found this on your own website.

http://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/Verizon-Code-of-Conduct.pdf

Any thoughts SteveR_VZW ?

0 Likes
jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so unless you get a Level 3 Tech no one can help you!!! I have discovered that after any Factory RESET either from outside or by the user that for some reason it goes nuts. Try a simple Power Cycle AFTER every factory reset. I have found that most often this calms it down in about an hour, until someone,Samsung, Verizon, whomever decides to remote reset again. It works, cant hurt!

0 Likes
Mps991
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is good to hear you found someone in level 3 to help. I haven't. Gave your advice a shot and it didn't make any difference at all. It is now been since Thursday morning that I have had little to no service in my house. I have called 4 times and I am not able to get anything done.

It amazes me that Verizon has gotten like this. I have been with Verizon since Bell Atlantic Mobile and I cannot get anyone in their offices to take this seriously .

0 Likes
SCRECH1

All,

I too had a this device for a year and it worked completely fine.  The device stopped working this past a week ago Saturday.  Called to support and they shipped a new one...same problem.  Works on data but ZERO voice calls.  If you dial #48 the call fails in 10 secs as with any other incoming call or outgoing.  I can make outgoing calls and accept incoming call but the other person cannot HEAR me and I cannot hear them.  HD calling is on , using 3 different iPhones and same problem.  If I turn the network extender OFF my coverage at my home goes to to 1 bar but then I can make calls.  The problem is with Verizon as something was changed.  I am ALSO extremely frustrated with this as I have this to conduct business and this not working is a REAL pain the $%^&.  I have a ticket open and was told with in 48 hours I would get a response. NOTHING YET.  Come on Verizon admit you have a problem and created the problem and FIX it.  Get all users back online and working.  Just so you know nothing changed on my network at home to cause this.(No the firewall rules and not wrong and reset of the device does not work - stop trying all the same stuff).  This is random failure and I will bet dollars to donuts this is related to firmware or a failure on the backend causing this issue.  Anybody else noticed the 4G Extender has stopped working?

0 Likes