4G lte network extender authentication problem
Coastal-Oregon

I have a Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender, it has worked great for years, giving me cell service where there typically isn't any. Yesterday, my extender went down and a power off/on the device now stops at step 9 with the alarm 'Device Not Activated, Please Call Verizon Support'. Repeated reboots produce the same error. Calling the typical Verizon support number and even the support chats has not worked in my favor at all, does anyone have a way I can get to Verizon and see why the MAC address of my device is not registering on their network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G lte network extender authentication problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coastal-Oregon I'm sorry to learn your Network Extender stopped working. You have however, come to the right place for help. I'm sending you a private message here on this platform.-Dolores

0 Likes
BigMook22

I am currently unable to use my Network Extender as well, and it has worked well for months.  Seems to have disconnected and started getting stuck at the SeGW segment since November?

I have reset to factory and reconnected numerous times.

The last listed EVENT is 

[Cleared]  Malfunction with the Ethernet port on the Femto. Ethernet cable not connected. A link down failure on the Ethernet Port.12-22-2021 13:08:54 EDT
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BigMook22, we want your network extender to work like it should, so we're right here to help. I appreciate the details you've shared. What happens when you dial #48? What is the status of the LED lights on the extender? -Alicia

0 Likes
BigMook22

I have the "connecting to SeGW server" (it will stay there forever unless I restart it), and when I dial #48 it will tell me that I am not under coverage.

I have this happening on 2 different extenders, in 2 different locations, using 2 different ISP's.   (XFinity and Spectrum) and they both quit working around the same time.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@BigMook22 wrote:

I have the "connecting to SeGW server" (it will stay there forever unless I restart it), and when I dial #48 it will tell me that I am not under coverage.

I have this happening on 2 different extenders, in 2 different locations, using 2 different ISP's.   (XFinity and Spectrum) and they both quit working around the same time.

Could be a server glitch that has a corrupted database and needs to be reset for your account.  Have technical support remove/re-attach/re-register your MAC ID (s) to your account to see if that clears the issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BigMook22

I was thinking "glitch" as well when the first one was found offline, but having the second one offline as well, when it is on a totally different ISP...?

More likely something with my account, but was hoping for more response from the VZW support?   Guess I'll have to take my chances at the 800 number.  😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your network extenders to be working properly. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to know you are experiencing issues with your extender, we want to make sure you get the help you need. Were there are changes like software update on the extenders?~Pam

0 Likes