8c server error on network extender
Jen1334
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help! Can’t get past 8c server error and can’t locate any support! Tried several resets!

Labels (1)
Re: 8c server error on network extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jen1334 wrote:

Help! Can’t get past 8c server error and can’t locate any support! Tried several resets!

Have you called Support, 800-922-0204 and ask them to ensure your devices' MAC ID is registered properly in the database?  You might have them remove it and re-add it for a possible resolution.  You might have to ask to be transferred to level-2 support for network extender help.  You might also post which model extender you have.  It sounds like the 4G LTE Network Extender.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Server Error 8C when setting up ASK-SFE 116 LTE Network Extender
RalphWalleye

I am looking for a solution to fix this Server Error 8C initialization problem with my LTE Network Extender.  What causes this error and how to fix?  The manual says "The LTE Extender received a "403 Forbidden" error message from the management server.  Please try to restart your device.  If the issue persists, please call Customer Service (800-922-0204)".  I have called this number and spent many hours discussing with no resolution.  What is a '403 Forbidden' error?  I have tried a direct ethernet connection to the modem with the same error.  I don't feel this is a router configuration error or port blocking issue.  Why is the HEms server responding with a '403 Forbidden' error?  What does this server need from this Network Extender to accept it's signal?  This device is useless if I can't get a clean boot.  Please help resolve this problem.  

0 Likes
Re: 8c server error on network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of getting the Extender working. I apologize for the inconvenience.  What model is the Extender? 

0 Likes
Re: Server Error 8C when setting up ASK-SFE 116 LTE Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RalphWalleye, we want to ensure you can use your ASK-SFE116 as anticipated. We need some additional details first. What network provider are you using with your router? Are you using a router supplied by your residential Internet network provider or your own router? What is the model number of the router being used and its software version?

0 Likes
MikeGiam

It looks like this thread has gotten idle but I am having this same issue as it seems many others are so I'm going to answer the questions asked in hopes that it will also help others. Looking at the user manual I'm guessing I have the ASK-SFE116 LTE Network Extender although I've yet to find anything on the device or in the webadmin interface to confirm this thus far. I too recently received mine.  I had a case open and the tech was going to send me a replacement after troubleshooting to no avail.  I asked the tech before doing so if it would be ok if I tried the device at a friend's house in another city first with another provider and he said yes.  The device worked without any configuration changes.  In hopes that activating the device elsewhere would get me past the issue I brought it back and every time it boots up, even after numerous resets' I still get server error 8C. I also took the device to a neighbor's who has the same modem and service provider and it did not work there either. My firewall does not have an option to disable but it is set for NAT only. I've also seen in another thread that it was suggested that ALG be disabled and it is disabled for all protocols.  Disabling my firewall is not at all a desirable configuration but I'm willing to go that route initially to get the device working but someone should have enough knowledge to instruct what is necessary to get this device working.  I own my router rather than renting but it is the exact model the service provider uses. My provider is Windstream, only non-satellite provider in my area currently and my modem is an Actiontech T3200 with firmware version WST3K-31.165L.38.  If any additional information is needed, please let me know. Thanks Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Mike! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to ensure we get your Network Extender up and running. Do you know what your upload and download speeds are? - VZW_ChristianP

0 Likes
MikeGiam

Sorry, I'd checked for a few days for updates and hadn't seen anything so I'd quit checking this thread. I believe download is rated at 25 MB & upload is 3 MB but this is a pretty rural location that doesn't have fiber available yet.  I've done speed tests and don't get very close to this but it is fast enough for streaming movies in HD without buffering and wi-fi calling seems to work since I currently have no other options here currently.  I'll check this thread regularly again since I've received a reply.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes