All of a sudden verizon extender wont work with either X or XR Iphones
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

All of a sudden, and right after 14.0.1 IOS update, neither my X or XR will work with extender.  I get the signal, 4 bars, then when I dial nothing happens.

I have reset extender twice by unplugging and have pushed reset button in back once also.

Anybody else?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden verizon extender wont work with either X or XR Iphones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified the phones are connected to the network extender? The system update might have reset the connection. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

All of a sudden, and right after 14.0.1 IOS update, neither my X or XR will work with extender.  I get the signal, 4 bars, then when I dial nothing happens.

I have reset extender twice by unplugging and have pushed reset button in back once also.

Anybody else?

So dialing #48 fails as well?  What if you dial using a saved contact, same issue?  Assuming that when not getting the cell signal from the extender, dialing works fine?  Does WiFi calling work if available?  Can you back off the update and see if the issue goes away?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, when i unplug extender the phone works with wifi calling, which works for ten minutes then hangs up, an entirely different problem, if wifi calling worked the way it is supposed to I wouldnt need this device.

Backing off update?  Researching this looks way too complicated and risky, thanks for the suggestion.

Dialing #48 fails, when it doesnt work, everything fails, no dialtone...I wish I knew why my comcast xb6 modem/router with speeds of 600/20 routinely hangs up when using Wi-Fi calling (with the extender unplugged from power, to make sure it does not interrupt it) on a regular basis.

THAT is the problem really, relying on this extender is no fun as it does stop working as we see.  But why do BOTH of our iPhones, x and xr not work with wifi calling after 5-10 minutes, varies.  

thanks

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

I updated neighboring cells detected on extender settings, just because it was there, dont know what that means, after I did that the transmit power mode which is always at 0% is now AT 30%, I have it checked automatic...

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

How do you do that?  It will show 4 bars (where I live you get one bar, never 4, so the only time I see 4 is when extender is plugged in)...is there another way?

When it is not working, i will have 4 bars and i cant dial #48 or anything else, no dial tone.  The only way I know to check if it is connected is #48, is there another way?

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon asked for my mac id and said they refreshed some stuff on their end, wait and see if it lasts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Randys12. We're sorry to hear you ran into a bit of trouble. It sounds like one of our Team Members got you on the right track. How is everything running? 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a former user of a Network Extender (former home needed one), I can attest to how reliable i must be, randys12. After a review of this thread, it occurred to me that there may indeed have been a settings change from the update. Please see these directions https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206700/ to ensure that HD or Advanced Calling is turned on for both of your iPhones. Let us know if this resolves your connection issue. 

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get the help you need. Are you saying it is now working?

0 Likes