Anyone else having a Samsung network extender issue today?
Sport78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello- I have a Samsung Verizon network extender which has worked very well for about a year and a half. I am using the external GPS antenna, but still occasionally lose service overnight. When this happens a get a fast blinking red SYS light and a magenta GPS light, with the remaining status indicators being blue. This has happened a few times and usually occurs very early on Friday mornings. I usually give up in frustration trying to fix it, go to work, and it self fixes itself by the time i get back home. Anybody else have one of these units with the same issue. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else having a Samsung network extender issue today?
Snn5
Legend

I know this might sound like a stretch, but maybe your location in relation to the satellites in relation to the Earth's axis and rotation/tilt has something to do with why it worked for so long but then doesn't every 7 days.  I'm sure though, there has to be a better explanation than that.

Sport78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not ruling anything out here, but just something to add to this. It usually only happens once a month and on a Friday. Today the extender has been down for 5 hours.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I referred this other poster to this thread and I will send you to the same, since you 2 seem to have the same issue at about the same time after about the same amount of time.Have had good service with the Samsung Extender for 1.5 yrs. Suddenly yesterday it stopped communic...

marlof
Enthusiast - Level 1

My network extender has also not been able to connect today for the last few hours. May be there is an issue with their network or something????

Sawdogrose
Enthusiast - Level 1

95060 Zip Code.

Have 3 Extenders.  All 3 non-functioning since I woke this morning.

Blinking red system light.

When I reset, GPS light goes solid red, system light flashing.

Software Update glitch?  Seems like.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to make sure you have signal all through the night Sport78! Has there been any changes with your internet? Have you tried turning it off for 20 min and turning it back on? Does this happen every night?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Sawdogrose
Enthusiast - Level 1

Internet has been fine.  100%

All 3 extenders have returned to normal.  10:30 PST.

Sport78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got home 4:30 PST and the extender (as expected) is back to normal with all blue lights.

I'm thinking it's a Verizon issue and not the extenders. No rhyme or reason here as to a pattern, but it seems to be always the wee hours of the morning to late morning and late in the week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We can look into this for you marlof! We want you to always have service and a working Extender. What zip code are you in? Any recent changes that might of caused your network extender to stop working? What LED lights are you seeing?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes