Anyone know these devices come with a one year warranty ?
Jborakove1

My Network Extender stopped working a month ago, I travel alot for business so I didn't even notice it till i tried to make a call with my phone from my house.

I called up Verizon and they said they would give me a new one at no cost, and the tech tried to place 5 orders in the system to get me this replacement device. All were canceled.

Without notifying me that they were canceled, I had to find out by logging into my account, I was told the reason why was because their device that they sold me that was supposed to fix my issue with using my phone on there network was out of warranty, and I would have to pay 150 dollars more, one year and 2 months after I received their device.

I asked if there was any supervisor that I could plead my case to and I was told that actually it was her supervisor who tried to push through this process and the verizon system would not allow it.

My roommate's have a sprint extender, which was free, and works perfectly.

In having a candid conversation with the tech who was excellent by the way, I discussed that it would be easier to add this device  to the punkin chunkin event, or perhaps go to a Verizon store and light in on fire in protest, or that I should buy one on EBAY with no understanding if it works before the purchase.

So what I ask, is firstly why would the verizon team decided that charging me for a device to use their system is a smart business decision ?

Did anyone get notified up front of a one year warranty on a device they force you to buy offering you a phony 75 dollar discount as the device retails foe 225 dollars by no one in their right mind would by one, if it werent for the horrible signal issues.

I mean honestly, does anyone buy a baby seat for their car if they don't have babies ? Which might even be a better question..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone know these devices come with a one year warranty ?
Snn5
Legend

The warranty card inside with the quick start brochure states one year.  The Samsung might not be the best extender, but it's on par with the cost of many others at Best Buy and Amazon, even though you can get 4G boosters now.  It's just usually not in stock at Verizon.  Kind of the same way that we buy phones to use Verizon's service.  If we go outside of the area that we bought service for as a home location, or if buildings go up and FCC rules change transmission direction or power output, we have to find other ways to make it work.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone know these devices come with a one year warranty ?
Jborakove1

I totally understand that verizon isn't expected to work everywhere. The fact that it works at all we should be glad.

Is there any device that you have owned, that comes with a one year warranty, maybe I am asking too much out of a device made by samsung?

The Tech last night also explained to me that there are people on my street that have had to buy this device every year for 3 years.That says to me that their is an issue with the device, and that they shouldn't be charging us for it.

I am looking at the sprint one on my desk right now, it is fully operational and was free.

Do you think its correct that we should be charged for the device ? Considering in most cases, since people don't lock out telephones, everyone could take advantage of it in your neighborhood. so technically, I am allowing them to place a cell tower in my house, using my network connections to make their service better.

0 Likes