Askey 4GLTE Extender broadcasts wrong time to connected devices. When connected devices time zone set to "Set by Verizon Network", the time zone if off by 1 hour (presently in EST, displays CST). When set to EST and Observe Daylight savings is set, the time is broadcasting to the devices in CST. When you de-select Observe Daylight savings checkbox and save settings, the correct time is broadcast (EST) to devices. When a SCTP link failure or network reset occurs, The time reverts back to CST. clicking save in the GUI corrects the time. I receive SCTP link failures about 3-4 times a week.
Schhtick, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we would be happy to assist you with this today. Please respond to the Private Note that we will be sending you at your earliest convenience. Have a great day!
There are two settings in the system setup - one for the network extender and another for the connected devices. Make sure you have both set to what you want them to be....
Admin Web is set to EDT, and Connected Devices is set to Set by Verizon Network. With this configuration I get CDT on phones unless I force EDT on phones. With Extender turned off, The phones correctly report EDT. Forcing EDT in Connected Devices in the UI doesn't resolve problem.
More details of my 4GLTE Extender:
Any time the extender reboots or re-establishes connection to the SeGW, it sets all of the phones back to Central time. I can login to the web GUI and simply hit the "Save" button for the timezone setting for devices (I don't even need to change anything - the settings are correct), the device will immediately set the timezone on all of the devices correctly. Rinse and repeat -- the next time the extender reboots or re-establishes connection to the SeGW it sets the phones back to Central time. I really need this to be fixed!
Contact Verizon support and request a level 2 ticket to resolve issue. Problem is a database settings issue on Verizon side. In the meantime, force your phones timezone to Eastern daylight time as a workaround until it is resolved.
@Schhtick - Thank you! I did as you suggested and, after a while, I got a text from Verizon letting me know that they "set the time parameter to ET" on their end and my issue appears to be resolved now.
Thank you for the incredibly clear description of the exact same issue that I'm seeing with my extender. The only downside is that I've been talking to online chat support for about 45 minutes now after providing the explanation and the request for a level 2 ticket, and they seem to be at a complete loss as to what to do, other than have me do a "factory reset".