Askey LTE Extender Help
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

I need help to determine if my Verizon Askey LTE Extender is working properly.  I am a Prepaid customer and had to register the Extender under my sons Postpaid account (long story).  When I contact support I can't find anyone who supports the Extender.  I've been told to call FIOS support at 800-837-4966 by thats just 800-MY-Verizon.  Prepaid support can't provide any info/support on the Extender and when I call Postpaid they just point me to FIOS.  This has been going on for over a month.

I can confirm that I am connected to the extender by dialing #48.  I get four bars all the time.  The issue I have are that calls are going directly to voice mail intermittantly, incoming MMS messages are somtimes delayed for hours, and notifications sometimes make a sound and other times they are silent.  Spent many hours with Prepaid support confirming that my setting are correct and that this is not an issue with my phone.  Even reset/restored phone. So I think there may be an issue with Extender.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to confirm that the Extender is working as it should?  Also, I am the only one using the Extender at this time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Askey LTE Extender Help
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

I received a PM from Verizon Rep, Cassie, on 2/27 which I replied to same day.  I have not heard back.  Sent her another one today.

I spent the last several days in Chicago and Noblesville, IN,  Received a bunch of incoming calls without any issues.  Within an hour of getting home I was on a call and received a message that there was a new voice mail.  I did not get any option to answer the incoming call.  I am now almost 100% sure that the LTE Extender is not sending some of the incoming calls to my phone.  

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Spent three hours today on the phone with support.  Found out from an open Prepaid support ticket that the LTE Extender is sometimes "rejecting calls" going to my phone that is on a Prepaid account.  Also found out from Postpaid support that the LTE Extender does not work with Prepaid accounts.  I'm not talking about getting it configured.  Verizon claims that the LTE Extender does not support the use of Prepaid accounts at all and that is why I totally miss some calls (no notification whatsoever that someone tried to call me), and sometimes calls go directly to voice mail with no ring.  If you look at their site https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-lte-network-extender/ there is no mention of this anywhere on this site.  If a Verizon rep sees this posts and knows anything different please let me know.  

0 Likes
Dallmi

I have the same problem.  And I have had my Verizon account over 25 years.  I just had one sent to me.  And at least half of my calls are not coming in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dallmi, let us work on getting your calls in order together. Please send us a Private Note for better assistance. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Can someone from Verizon please help me with this?

Thank you--- 

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Dallmi,

Did you ever get yours working?

Thanks  -- Steve

0 Likes