Band broadcast question
JWHEELS01

Is it possible to force the LTE network extender to broadcast on band 4 instead of band 13 which mine is stuck on. My area has both bands but at my house band 4 only has one bar of service and my iPhone seems to prefer that over the band 13 that the network extender is broadcasting on.  My phone does not connect the the network extender until I toggle airplane mode on theN back off. According to the FCC documents the LTE network extender can broadcast on both bands.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Band broadcast question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JWheeels01,

We want to make sure you get the best coverage, especailly with the Network Extender. Let's get some details. When did this start happening? Are all users affected and have to toggle Airplane Mode on and off?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Band broadcast question
JWHEELS01

It has been like that since I purchased the lte network extender. It’s both my phones in the house ( both iPhones) we have to switch the phones in and out of airplane mode to pick up the extender.  Both phones will hang on to the 1-2 bars of band 4 service instead of switching to the 5 bars of band 13 That the network extender is broadcasting on.  When it’s still hanging on to the 1 bar of service I will drop about 1 out of 5 calls.  Once I toggle into then back out of airplane mode the phone works just fine.

0 Likes