Blue, magenta, magenta, red (power, system, GPS, WAN) light configuration
rjelacrosse

Returned from 3 months away 2 days ago and after getting internet reconnected today my network extender will not work. Lights go quickly to Blue, magenta, magenta, red (power, system, GPS, WAN). Have tried restarting several times and have powered down all the devices in the chain, then powered on starting with Cable modem, then Apple Extreme, then network switches, then Network Extender. Still blue, magenta, magenta, red. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blue, magenta, magenta, red (power, system, GPS, WAN) light configuration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This is very strange rjelacrosse! Let's try resetting your Network Extender by removing power source (unplug from the wall electric outlet) for a few minutes. Then plug in, power on and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rjelacrosse

Did a Verizon support chat with somebody on Wednesday and did all the scripted stuff including registering the MAC address. It has been powered on and off numerous times. It does not show up when I do scan of my home network's wireless devices,. The ethernet port on the extender has the steady yellow light with the occasional green blink on the second ethernet LED and it lights up the appropriate light on the ethernet switch, so I don't think it is a network problem.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do you have it all connected in the same order as you did before you left home?  Is the GPS module installed inside the unit or connected to the extension wire?  (Many people miss that one)  Sounds like a lot of switches and equipment between the modem and the extender.

0 Likes
rjelacrosse

It's connected like it was before I left. I also tried it connected directly to my Apple Extreme wifi box with no difference. The gps is connected directly to the extender. What is odd is that it goes directly to the BMMR lights with none of the expected startup blinking light sequencing.

Sorry for the response delays. The account is linked to my wife's email, so she has to forward your reponses to me.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Isn't there a reset button on the bottom or side of that extender?  Maybe an all-out device reset might help.

0 Likes
rjelacrosse

Don't see a reset button anywhere. There is what looks like an HDMI port on the bottom. If there is a reset button, could it be behind one of the label stickers?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The HDMI port is for programming and of no use to the usual consumer.  I don't remember seeing a reset button on an extender that I have seen before, and I see no reset in the PDF manual.  I'm at a loss here.

0 Likes
rjelacrosse

The logical solution is try an extender known to work properly to see if it is the extender or not. I'm pretty sure it is the extender, but don't know enough about how the System, GPS and Network (local and WAN) work together to create a VOIP connection back to Verizon's network (which I assume what this thing does). One last thought I have is that when we reestablished our internet service, we were assigned a new IP address. Since I don't recollect the public IP address being relevant when we bought the extender, it probably isn't that big of a deal.

0 Likes