Caller cannot hear me
Carpediembiker

we have had a very difficult experience with this device.  A series of dropped calls after a power surge, then Verizon replaced the unit, but rception continues to be poor. Yesterday a  caller could not hear me, tho I could hear them.  Sometimes my iPhone has very weak reception (1 bar) while my wife's iPhone works fine, sometimes vice versa. 

We reset the system last night, no change.

what to do?.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller cannot hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A network extender should make your calling experience better, not worse, Carpediembiker. Let's dig into this further. Has the new extender been added to your Verizon account? When receiving the new extender, had the phones been registered to the extender with #48 or placing a call within 15 feet of the extender? What are the colors of all the lights from top to bottom?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Carpediembiker

My wife called Verizon Wireless Support.  Turns out they shipped the extender without programming the MAC code (sp?).  They have now done that.  too early to know if that fixes the problem.

Yes, all lights blue, altho one was flickering a bit.  I rebooted overnight (last night).

Will let you know next day or so how it goes.

thx

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the network extender onto your account was the first step towards resolution, Carpediembiker. We're confident it will be up and running soon. Please do keep us posted.

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Carpediembiker

still having some problem w/caller not hearing me.

hit and miss…

[Personal information has been removed for privacy reasons; required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Carpediembiker! Let's keep working on this together and get to the root cause of the issue. Let's begin with a help video: http://spr.ly/6586BXer6 Did you setup the device properly?

Please check to ensure the other components are setup correctly: http://spr.ly/6589BXerD Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW

0 Likes
Carpediembiker

Refurbished unit, programmed by Verizon Support, arrived and has been installed. The only time it works properly is when we stand still and do not move the phone.

The system worked until a power surge in November and has not worked satisfactorily since. My wife has talked to Support a couple times and is going to insist on a house visit to resolve this. We have invested 10-15 hours trying to get it fixed and it is just not working.

Robert Goodof

rgoodof@gmail.com <mailto:rgoodof@gmail.com>

617 529 7494

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carpediembiker - Having properly working devices is key to enjoying your services with us. I'm glad to hear the refurbished extender has been received and setup. Have you made sure that the extender that was impacted by the power surge has been removed from your account? Having two registered extenders can impact services.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes