Can 4G LTE Network Extender be used on same wired network with a 3G Network Extender, simultaneously?
scottma61

I have a 3G network Extender for Business up and running.  We have mimimal LTE coverage at our home, to the point where calls will connect, but always drop.  The 3G Network Extender works well, but I have to turn off Advanced Calling on the phones to connect to it every time I arrive at home.  I want to upgrade to the 4G LTE Network extender so it will work without that manual action, however, I have read that the iPhone 7 does not currently function with the 4G LTE Network extender.  Can I have both the 3G Network Extender and the 4G LTE Network Extender installed and operating on the same wired network simultaneously (so the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the Iphone 6s's can use the 4G LTE Network Extender and the iPhone 7 with (LTE turned off) can use the 3G Network Extender?  Hopefully Apple/Verizon will eventually provide an update so it will function properly with the 4G LTE Network Extender and I will not need the 3G Network Extender solely for the iPhone 7.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can 4G LTE Network Extender be used on same wired network with a 3G Network Extender, simultaneously?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its important to have your service working with your network extender so that you don't have to make adjustments. At this time, we an only have one Network Extender working at a time. Hopefully, we will have an update in the future so that you're able to use all your devices with one booster.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Can 4G LTE Network Extender be used on same wired network with a 3G Network Extender, simultaneously?
boogieman77
Enthusiast - Level 2

See my same question and answer I figured out on my own here.

Use LTE Network Extender And 3G Network Extender

0 Likes
reggie14

I don't know where the VZW support rep got the idea you can only use one.  They work on entirely different cellular bands, for obvious reasons.  You can certainly use both.

However, at least if my experience is any indication, this won't solve your problem.  An iPhone 7 merely attempting to connect to a 4G extender- simply by being nearby- is enough to screw up my 4G extender.  My other devices cannot reliably connect to the 4G network extender when there's an iPhone 7 nearby.

0 Likes