Can’t add MAC addresses to LTE Extender
Susan1581

Recently received a Verizon LTE Network Extender (which was unfortunate since it’s incompatible with HughesNet Satellite Internet, the only internet available at this horrible new address), and I’m unable to manually input our iPhones’ MAC addresses, which a Verizon Support tech had been surprised we hadn’t done yet neglected to inform us how to do. Can anyone suggest anything? I’m able to access the control panel site online but see no options to manually input. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can’t add MAC addresses to LTE Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Susan1581 wrote:

Recently received a Verizon LTE Network Extender (which was unfortunate since it’s incompatible with HughesNet Satellite Internet, the only internet available at this horrible new address), and I’m unable to manually input our iPhones’ MAC addresses, which a Verizon Support tech had been surprised we hadn’t done yet neglected to inform us how to do. Can anyone suggest anything? I’m able to access the control panel site online but see no options to manually input. Thank you!

There have been many discussions in this Forum regarding the LTE Network Extender that document its incompatibility with Satellite internet.  As stated in its User Manual under Requirements: 

"Home satellite broadband access is not supported."

Unless you're going to use it on some other internet service, nothing else matters.

Are you trying to add the MAC addresses to a 'white list'?  Have you looked at an account web site instead of the device web site?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Susan!! We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your service. We are here to help! Please send us a Private Message for immediate assistance. We're looking forward to working with you!

*Kay

0 Likes
Susan1581

Well, I have an update but am still encountering issues. We ditched the HughesNet satellite and now use an unconventional but effective (for our area) solution, it’s a small company called Comptinet and they utilize the AirCUBE-AC the connection is much stronger. However the LTE Extender continues to cut in and out all the time and when I look at the performance history it’s still at around 28% peak utilization. Is it supposed to be set to IPv4 or Hybrid?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, Susan1581. We are saddened to hear that the only internet options available to you are still not sufficient to service the Network Extender. From what you say, it's better than satellite, though. As for your question, we would recommend trying Hybrid first, and then you could try IPv4. Go with whichever one works best for your Internet Service Provider. 

-George

0 Likes
Susan1581

I’m going bonkers here, that’s the thing I have tried both, a couple times each, but I’m still having to reset it at least once a day usually a few. And even then, when I try to make a call about 90% are dropped without even ringing or it appears even trying to get through, just goes straight off to “call failed.” I don’t know what the heck else to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Susan1581, I want to make sure that you get assistance with your service. Just to confirm, our home internet has at least 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speeds, correct?

*Brianna

0 Likes