Does my Verizon Wireless Home Phone connect to my Verizon Wireless Network Extender?
Rickalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Wireless Nretwork Extender in my home, due to poor cell reception. I also have a Verizon Wireless Home Phone set up. The base for the wireless home phone is on our 3rd story dormer bedrooms, and our network extender is on our 2nd story, in the home office. Should I be relocating the home phone closer to the network extender?

Also, can I access the setting on my network extender via the internet? I only have 2 bars showing, even when I am 4 feet from the extender.

Thanks for your help..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does my Verizon Wireless Home Phone connect to my Verizon Wireless Network Extender?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rickalo,

We always want to make sure you have the best signal possible. The Network Extender has a range of roughly 30-50 ft. What do you hear when dialing #48 from the Home Phone Connect(HPC)? Do you have a 3G or 4G network extender?

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Does my Verizon Wireless Home Phone connect to my Verizon Wireless Network Extender?
Rickalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says "network extender" when I dial #48 on a phone plugged into the

house phone lines.. I have a 3G extender.

I moved the Wireless Home Phone to the same room as the Extender (approx.

10' away... but still show 2 bars on my cell phone, when standing next to

extender.

Rick

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:32 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rick, thank you for being a valued customer and for sticking with us even though you have signal issues.  We are  still here and will continue providing support. The Network Extender is designed to enhance the signals indoors , however it will not provide a perfect signal.  The key is to determine how your phone performs with having only two bars of signal inside of your home?  If you can make and receive calls and they are not dropping as much then the device is doing its job.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

The Verizon Wireless Home Phone DOES use the network extender signal, as confirmed by #48. The 3G Network Extender does NOT support remote access for admin purposes.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes