Does the 4G Network Extender 2 work with prepaid?
noname427

I recently purchased a 4G LTE network extender 2, after the sales rep assured me it would work with my prepaid Verizon account. 

After setting everything up, when the extender is booting up it would eventually stop at step 9, and it's LCD would have the error message "device can't activate, call Verizon support". 

For others on these forums, this error message has meant that Verizon staff failed to properly enter the extender's MAC address into the Verizon system.  The tech support staff I spoke with all assured me that wasn't the case here. 

After spending 2.5 - 3.5 hours on the phone last night with three different tech support staff, none of whom could activate the device, and after talking with multiple support staff today via online chat, one tech eventually tells me that this device won't work with prepaid. 

Can anyone here give me a definitive answer, since the Verizon staff themselves apparently have no idea?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the 4G Network Extender 2 work with prepaid?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

noname427, Let's get the answers that you deserve about the Network Extender 2. I can understand that this has been going on too long. Regrettably, this device is not available to prepaid accounts. What model phones do you have? Have you tried Wi-Fi Calling? What zip code are you at?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

noname427, Let's get the answers that you deserve about the Network Extender 2. I can understand that this has been going on too long. Regrettably, this device is not available to prepaid accounts. What model phones do you have? Have you tried Wi-Fi Calling? What zip code are you at?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
noname427

I'm using a Moto G5s Plus.  It's universally unlocked, and while it supports wifi calling on some carriers, wifi calling isn't available with it on Verizon.  Unless I'm misinformed.  My zip is 31312.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Noname427, Our Prepaid department would be able to assist you further in determining if this device will work with your Prepaid device. They can be reached directly by:
1. Dial 888-294-6804
2. Enter 1 for English.
3. Enter your telephone number.
4. Will advise you your balance.
5. Press option number 2 for anything else.
6. Then listen for option number 7 for other options.
7. Then it will ask you to speak your reason for calling.
8. When it asks for the reason for calling enter the number 7.
9. Then press option number 3 to speak to a representative.
You can also return the extender if it will not work with your device. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
http://spr.ly/6586D1LnI

Does this help?  Did you have anything else we can assist you with?

SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JustMe101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just about to sign up for a prepaid plan.  I was told my Network Extender could be brought over from postpay to prepaid.  I would just need to register it with prepaid after setting up the account.  I still felt something was not right, and then I came upon this community discussion.  I called back and a more informed rep from prepaid said at this time, the Network Extender will not work on the prepaid plans and he was sorry I was first led to believe otherwise.  He told me that if I went to the Network Extender product location on the Verizon site, it says that it is not compatible with the prepaid plans at this time.  I checked, and nowhere does it say that.  Verizon:  Please put this restriction on the Network Extender page where people can see it.

UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

AS said before this network extender will not work on a prepaid account. This is why i signed up for a postpaid account so i could use the network extender. But, prepaid, and verizon net10/straighttalk/tracfone does work off the extender, once the device has been activated on a postpaid account.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes