Erratic GPS being reported to devices connected to the 4G LTE Extender
naes1621

Anyone else experiencing erratic GPS? The Network Extender seems to report to all devices connected to it incorrect GPS location. (even though it never changes in the admin panel)

This has been happening for the past few weeks and is getting a bit old, as it messes with HomeKit automations. Not sure if it was a firmware update or what. Only solution is to unplug the extender, which is not really a good solution...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Erratic GPS being reported to devices connected to the 4G LTE Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

naes1621, those Network Extenders come in handy in certain locations. Accurate GPS is an important function for this device, so we are here to assist. Does the device report a nearby location or a location far away? Can you elaborate on the problems with the HomeKit automation? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
naes1621

It goes about ~30 miles from where I'm located. Seems to be constantly going to the same county. HomeKit automations mess up because I have lights set to go off/on when I leave the house. With the Extender active it causes those automations to trigger frequently, especially at night. E.g. being woke up to lights on at 3 in the morning since the Extender decides to jump around. Which is mainly the reason this issue has become an annoyance.

This has only been happening recently and nothing in my setup has changed. Most people probably aren't even aware this GPS jumping happens until they use something like HomeKit automations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to work with us. Have you tried adjusting the GPS antenna to another location? Do you have the Amplifier and Arrester connected along the GPS antenna line? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
naes1621

Yes I have tried several locations. I don't typically have an issue getting GPS signal with the Extender. As I mentioned in the first post, it's always correct in the admin panel. It just doesn't always report the correct location at all times to the devices connected to it. This has to be a software issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

naes1621, thank you for those details. We will look into the possibility of a software issue. Please use the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215973/. Please let us know if those steps resolve the issue. 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes