Re: Full bars with Extender, but still poor calls
Steeeeeve
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello? Bueller? Is this thing on??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Steeeeeve, you have taken some really great steps in trying to get your network extender to work properly. It’s great that you know how to use WIFI calling as it’s an excellent feature to  use.  Let’s continue working at it. Are other people experiencing the same? Does this happen with particular numbers or during specific times of the day? 

JenniferL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Steeeeeve
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JenniferL_VZW

Hi Jennifer. Yes, the same thing happens on two other Verizon phones in my house. To be clear, I am NOT using Wi-Fi calling because I have an unlocked phone and Verizon has refused to allow unlocked phones to use their Wi-Fi Calling feature (unlike T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T, I might add). I am trying to use HD Calling (VoLTE Calling) on my Extender 2. I haven't noticed problems only with specific numbers or times of day. Anything specific I can check with respect to my internet connection?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, steeeeeve. We will need a little more information from you to diagnose the problem, and come up with a solution for you. If you could please complete a speed test for us at www.speedtest.net when connected to Wi-Fi, then let us know what these speeds are.

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Steeeeeve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I assume you mean check the speeds on my cell phone on Wi-Fi. If so, here are the results on my cell phone using the speedtest app: Ping 13ms, download 65.96Mbps, Upload 6.09Mbps.

0 Likes
Steeeeeve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd love to get some input on this ASAP so I can get better quality calls next week. I'm running a business on these phones and need them working as quickly as possible. Thanks, @VZWSupport!

0 Likes
Steeeeeve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I pay an absolute FORTUNE to Verizon every month. It's a shame that this is the level of service they provide. Each day, I can hope to get one response on here and it usually offers exactly no help. AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint offer me all kinds of deals that are cheaper, but I've stayed with Verizon for almost 20 years out of loyalty. Time's running out @VZWSupport. Help me out, please, or I'm moving on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steeeeeve, we appreciate the additional information about the internet speeds at your home. We will certainly continue working toward a resolution for you. Those speeds are great to allow the Network Extender to work properly, so we would like to confirm a few more items before we proceed. Please ensure the router firmware is up to date, which can be done by contacting the manufacturer of the router. Although the speeds are good, are there intensive bandwidth services, such as VPN Access Streaming Music, Video, Video Games, File Sharing, Windows or Antivirus Updates, etc. ?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Steeeeeve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the latest firmware on the router. There are no intensive bandwidth issues. I do have a VPN, but the signal problems happen even with my PC off.

0 Likes