GPS satellites no longer detected
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

At some point in the recent past, my Verizon 4G LTE extender got a firmware update that reset the password to the default (seems like really bad practice guys) and now, for some reason, my LTE extender does not detect any GPS satellites at all.  I can't help but think the two are probably related.  I used to pick up at least 10 satellites so what in the heck is going on here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GPS satellites no longer detected
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I also have a Verizon Network Extender for enterprise.  Last Thursday (3/22/18) one of my 3 extenders went down.  The device now toggles between GPS failures and failures connecting to the VZW network.  It does not show any GPS connectivity because it is not getting IPsec connected to VZW in the previous step.

I checked on my extender this morning and it was still down after a reboot.  You should give VZW a call and see if you can discover anything new.  I'll compare my notes with you from there.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting that network extender working is important, LostVector. We're here to help. What model network extender do you have? What are the colors of the LED lights on the network extender?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appears to be working now.  The interesting thing is, all the satellties showed up almost immediately after I posted this question.  Might be luck, might be related to me setting a new password up, or might be some angel at Verizon monitoring the forum.  Who knows!  It was down for several days so I know it wasn't anything on my end.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Glad your extender is working.  I checked mine a moment ago and it is still down after a reboot.

I'll have to call back into VZW for an update on my case.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Called VZW and asked for an update.

They advised that I try powering down the device for 5 minutes and then powering back up again. While I confirmed that I have rebooted the device multiple time over the last 5 days the rep was confident that the 5 minute wait would have an impact.

I gave it a shot and am now back in business.

I guess any time you are troubleshooting these devices and need to reboot to give it extra time. This is a problem for my remote access devices though.  I cannot easily walk up and power down these devices.  I'll have to check into Ethernet connected power supplies or PoE modifications to see if I can cut the power remotely in a more convenient way.

0 Likes
swieder711f

My 4G Network Extender got the update which reset the password and IP address. Once I entered the new IP address I was able to login using the default password.

I had to manually type in the password.  Copying/pasting the password did not work.  YMMV.

0 Likes