Has the Verizon Extender Update Been Issued?
MJES

Bought the Verizon Extender online and after installation went from one bar to four. GREAT!! Then had big problem.Most incoming calls went right to voicemail without even ringing on our phones. Person calling in would hear two rings and then sent to voicemail. I could call my wife sitting right next to me at home and have same problem. Called Verizon support and told they know about issue and expect an update soon. Anybody know if, in fact, that update has been issued and problem solved????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has the Verizon Extender Update Been Issued?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, did you have this issue when not connected to a network extender? *Estevan

0 Likes
MJES

No we did not. Without the extender all incoming calls ring at our phones with no problem but with only one bar showing our calls are back to losing the call after talking for a while or at a minimum experiencing broken or erratic connection during the call. I bought a HiBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster which brought in the signal from the closest tower. It improved slightly the signal and gave me up to two bars but we still experienced erratic and broken connection on our calls but not as much as with one bar. Incoming calls seemed to come in OK. At over $300 I didn't feel my problem was completely solved and I returned it.

The Verizon extender was the only thing I found so far that after installing gave us four bars on our cellphones. But with a lot of incoming calls going to voicemail I had to return that too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing such detailed information, MJES. As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you've returned the Verizon Network Extender. It's a very unique device and does help enhance our customer's service. 

I also noticed your reference to the number of signal bars you're viewing from your device. A signal bar is an indication of how far away a cell tower is that you are connected to. There are many factors that are involved that would determine the tower you are on, including line of sight, distance, mobile traffic, and even the time of day, although 2 bars would be considered good in most situations (different phone models measure signal strength differently, so 1 bar for you might be 2 bars for another.

We certainly want to do everything we can to assist you in this matter. After having returned the Network Extender, have you spoken with our Technical Support Team about your continuing service issues? -Robert C.

0 Likes