How do I fix my location settings?
ruber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Verizon Samsung Network extender using the external antenna.  It works moderately well within my house which receives almost no signal without it.  Had it since about the first of the year.

I live in Orlando FL.  The extender is plugged into my Bright House modem/router.  All lights on the extender are blue.

The problem is that my phone reports its location as being over an hour away near Bradenton FL.  I have not been to Bradenton in over a year and never with this phone.  When I am not at the house and not connected to the extender the phone location is correct.

I have tried restarting/depowering the extender several times without any change to the above.

And suggestions appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: network extender reports wrong location
ruber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contacted my ISP, they reset my modem, it picked up a local IP and everything is now correct.

Thanks

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Being that it runs through your internet, is your internet provider located in Bradenton FL? I don't mean the storefront, but where you actually connect to. I typically connect to Comcast at a station that is some 2 hours away.

ruber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the process of contacting my ISP to see where my IP is located and see if that is the problem.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

who is your internet provider and what is your zip code?

0 Likes
ruber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contacted my ISP, they reset my modem, it picked up a local IP and everything is now correct.

Thanks

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Excellent! Group effort.

0 Likes