How do I get my 4G device to select my 3G network extender?
JRCSD

I purchased a 3G network extender a couple of years ago which works very well.  I just upgraded to a Droid 4, which selects the very weak 4G signal I get from the tower near my home over the very strong 3G signal I get from my network extender.  I get a lot of dropped calls as a result.  Any suggestions for what I can do to make my phone use the network extender instead of the weak 4G signal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my 4G phone to select my 3G network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRCSD,

Network Extenders rock, I have one at home and love it! I am sorry to hear your phone is dropping a lot of calls due to having low 4G coverage.  Have you tried turning off mobile data on your phone so your phone only connects to 1X when at home? You can turn it off by going to Settings>Data Manager> Data Enabled>uncheck and just use wifi when at home. Have we swapped out your SIM card since you started having issues with your dropped calls? Please provide additional details so we can better assist you.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRCSD,

Network Extenders rock, I have one at home and love it! I am sorry to hear your phone is dropping a lot of calls due to having low 4G coverage.  Have you tried turning off mobile data on your phone so your phone only connects to 1X when at home? You can turn it off by going to Settings>Data Manager> Data Enabled>uncheck and just use wifi when at home. Have we swapped out your SIM card since you started having issues with your dropped calls? Please provide additional details so we can better assist you.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
JRCSD

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion and it seems to work.

Regarding my SIM card, I just got this phone in October 2013. Do I need a newer SIM card than that? The calls started dropping when I first started seeing 4G reception in my neighborhood, and they don’t drop when I have a good 4G signal, so I think it’s just signal strength that is to blame.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRCSD,

I'm glad to hear that the helpful tips provided helped resolve this concern! If the issue continued we may need to replace the SIM card and may do so at your request. In the meantime if you no longer have any issues, then the SIM card may not need to be replaced.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes