How do I restore the GPS signal on my network extender?
canyon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else? I didn't change anything. Happened overnight.

(1) Woke up to fast blinking red sys light and GPS was solid blue. So I did a power cycle on Network Extender.

(2) Now I have a slow blinking red sys light and solid red GPS light. Also did a power cycle with router and modem. Have waited hours for GPS lock, but still in the same condition.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Network Extender working fine for over a year, now I've suddenly lost GPS.
Snn5
Legend

1)  sounds like an abnormality, which doesn't really explain the issue. 

Persistent solid red or slow / fast-blinking red:

Abnormal condition.

2)  sounds like more of the same, except the GPS finally has a lock.

Meaning of LED Status Indicators on the Verizon Wireless Network Extender | Verizon Wireless

I might completely unplug the modem, router, and extender extender for a few min and then turn on the modem, wait for it to boot, then the router, let it boot, then the extender and give it a while.  Those extenders are finicky devices.  If that doesn't help, you'll need to find a way to get a call to Verizon so that they can remotely refresh it perhaps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Network Extender working fine for over a year, now I've suddenly lost GPS.
Snn5
Legend

1)  sounds like an abnormality, which doesn't really explain the issue. 

Persistent solid red or slow / fast-blinking red:

Abnormal condition.

2)  sounds like more of the same, except the GPS finally has a lock.

Meaning of LED Status Indicators on the Verizon Wireless Network Extender | Verizon Wireless

I might completely unplug the modem, router, and extender extender for a few min and then turn on the modem, wait for it to boot, then the router, let it boot, then the extender and give it a while.  Those extenders are finicky devices.  If that doesn't help, you'll need to find a way to get a call to Verizon so that they can remotely refresh it perhaps.

0 Likes
canyon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I'll try it. Thanks for the input.