How to disconnect from my new Network Extender?
Mblue62
Enthusiast - Level 1

4G Network Extender purchased from Verizon.  Setup and running great for calls inside the house.

Issue is that as you get away from the Extender (e.g. out in the yard), the Extender won't release the call to the cell tower and so the call quality goes to zero and you have to drop the call.  

This seems to be an on-going, long term issue where the "solutions" don't work (Turn off Advanced Calling-nope, change Network mode to LTE/CDMA-nope).

Verizon - We need a way to stop the phone from trying to connect to Network Extenders!

(BTW, this is all YOUR problem as you have cruddy cell coverage in the Boston area so we had to BUY a $250 network extender to use YOUR network at our home so we could PAY you!)

Labels (1)
Re: How to disconnect from my new Network Extender?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Mblue62 wrote:

4G Network Extender purchased from Verizon.  Setup and running great for calls inside the house.

Issue is that as you get away from the Extender (e.g. out in the yard), the Extender won't release the call to the cell tower and so the call quality goes to zero and you have to drop the call.  

This seems to be an on-going, long term issue where the "solutions" don't work (Turn off Advanced Calling-nope, change Network mode to LTE/CDMA-nope).

Verizon - We need a way to stop the phone from trying to connect to Network Extenders!

(BTW, this is all YOUR problem as you have cruddy cell coverage in the Boston area so we had to BUY a $250 network extender to use YOUR network at our home so we could PAY you!)

What make/model phone do you have that you having this issue with?  When you get beyond the extenders signal and drop the call, are you able to redial the call over the cellular network?  Have other phones experienced the same symptom?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jav6 asks some great questions, Mblue62. After you lose the call, how strong is the signal in the yard? If it's two low, you may just simply be losing the call, period, due to that. Also, typically, WiFi Calling will give you a much higher range, as Extenders are generally good for 30-40 feet. Have you tried that option as well?

0 Likes
dannymo66

Did your problem ever get fixed?

0 Likes