LTE Extender no longer working... Again.
RyanThaDude1

As most of us already know yesterday the extenders were down which later that evening everything was back up and running. Today is a different story and different errors. Now I'm getting "OUT OF SERVICE", "SERVICE_OFF" & "MME_COMMUNICATION_FAIL". Normally I would just accept and expect it to be fixed but now that I'm expecting calls from potential employers it's crucial to get the extender working again. WiFi calling on my S7E is a joke. While it works when there's NO signal our location has very little signal but just enough to not allow WiFi Calling to work, which means calls that fail.

Is everyone else up and running now or has my extender (not even a year old yet) failed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Extender no longer working... Again.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the time being until the extender problem is resolved, have you tried placing the phone in Airplane mode and turning the wifi radio back on to see if the wifi calling improves over your past experience with it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RyanThaDude1

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The phone doesn't allow the phone to even connect the call while airplane mode is on, whether or not WiFi is on. In the meantime I have calls being forwarded to my Project Fi phone until Big Red gets this resolved since it will allow calls on WiFi even with signal.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess wifi calling doesn't work the way I thought could as a way of forcing to use wifi instead of cellular signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

That method of forcing WiFi calling should work.

jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

It came back on last night 10/10/17 but it has the Original  Location Flaw from over a year ago: The internal GPS shows my exact location on the extenders admin page BUT the connection from the VZW Network relays a far away location to the Phones so Maps, Weather , traffic, google, anything needing location is far from our physical location. The only way for devices to know where they are is #1 shut off the Extender or #2 change to only the battery eating internal phone GPS (only). This took all of the summer of 2016 to get resolved and was fine until the outage yesterday now the big mess is back!

0 Likes
RyanThaDude1

Yes, you're right. The last time I tried this trick the phone wouldn't allow the call to go through, but now it does. Interesting. However, the extender is still "Out of Service" this morning. It looks like I'm going to have to make that dreaded call to V.

0 Likes