LTE Network Extender 2 and band 66
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had just purchased the iPhone XS and unlike my iPhone 7, the XS can pick up Band 66,  Now I had my Network extender switched from band 13 to 4 because that's what my area had. Now the XS can pick up Band 66 and the phone prefers that that. I requested the Network extender be switched to band 66. After 2 weeks of calling level 3 network support text me and said that wasn't possible and forbidden by the FCC. I know for a fact the extender is capable for broadcasting 66 , however, the tech refused to help me and said I have no other options. Right now, the only way to connect to the Extender is to turn off and on the Phone's LTE every time i come home which is not acceptable. The tech was EXTREMELY rude and argumentative. Does anyone have any suggestions as to any recourse i may have?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Network Extender 2 and band 66
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eldragun,

We certainly want you to be able to use your phone to the best of its abilities I apologize for the argumentative and rude nature of the rep that you spoke with, that is never the experience we want anyone to have. I can confirm that band 66 is not open on our network. But we can certainly work to ensure that your phone is able to connect. Is your extender and phone "talking with" each other? What happens if you try to connect to the extender?

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can connect to the Extender, but the only way to do so it to either power my phone off and on, OR toggle the LTE off and on button EVERY time I enter my home...... there must be a way to remedy this issue, especially because I know other people WILL be having this issue as more and more iPhone XS's are purchased. I even offered to get a Waiver from the FCC for the Band 66 on my extender and the tech said no. Why is this sucha big deal if its only in my home and my area is USING Band 66 all around me???? It wouldnt be an issue if we're weren't using band 66 in the Albany area

0 Likes
bretta_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with making sure that your iPhone Xs stays connected to your Network Extender in your home, ELDRAGUN. I definitely want to make sure that we do everything that we can to get this resolved for you. I would suggest resetting the network settings in your iPhone Xs. This does help with completely refreshing your device's connection capabilities. This will not delete any kind of personal information on your iPhone Xs other than any Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth connections that you have saved. You can reestablish these connections after this step has been completed. You can click on the link below to view the directions on how to reset network settings on your iPhone Xs. Let us know how your device connects to your Network Extender after this is completed. Thank you.

Reset Network Settings Directions: Apple iPhone - Reset Network Settings | Verizon Wireless

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reset the network settings and it does NOT have any impact on the

iPhone connecting with the extender, Its the Band Freq preference in the

iPhone that prefers Band 66 or 4 or 13. This there some other way this can

be resolved? When will Band 66 be open??? and able to use on the

extender?????

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 11:21 AM bretta_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The extender itself might only be able to broadcast on band 13 or band 4. One would need to look up the FCC device ID to verify which LTE frequencies were tested and approved for use. Can you post the FCC device ID?

I tried looking for the specifications of the device, but Verizon Wireless doesn't list the LTE frequencies and a Google search so far came up empty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found this " It looks like the FCC identifies as it broadcasting band 13

and Band 66. Also it looks like it has double the speed/capacity of the

first model. As it does 20 MHz in the second model vs 10 MHz in the first

model. They both have the same advertised range of 50 ft. Also looks like

they both do 64QAM modulation."

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was advised by customer service to get a waiver from the FCC, I contacted the FCC and they said they don't give waivers, I would have to put in a complaint, So I did that, the Network department said their Software for the Network Extender 2 does not include Band 66 at this time , but they're working on adding it in a future update WITH NO TIME-FRAME as to when it would be included. I cannot be the only person having this issue with the Network Extender. Is there any way to know when this will be added???? Every single time I enter my home i need to MANUALLY connect to the extender. 

0 Likes
aaronread

It's not just you.  I have the same problem.  My iPhone 8 Plus (running iOS 13.3) seems to prioritize band 66 above any other.  These Samsung SLS-BU10B femtocells can't do band 66, so they're useless.  And in my area (downtown Providence, it appears the wireless facilities using band 66 are garbage.  I get three or four (of four, max) bars of signal, but usually download speeds are well below 1Mbps (!!!!) and I'm getting missed calls all the time.  Even with wifi calling enabled, it doesn't help.

0 Likes
ELDRAGUN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m still having the same exact problems, and Verizon won’t do anything to remedy it

0 Likes