LTE Network Extender Incorrect Time
dlbuller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've seen a few other threads with the same issue as mine but no real help other than "level 2 needs to update the database".  I've contacted verizon and have had 2 level 2 tickets opened and they just give me suggestions to change settings on my phone....

Every verizon phone and watch that connects to my extender displays central time when I'm in Eastern.  I've tried factory resetting a few times, ensuring the UI (in both timezone settings) settings are correct, and every silly phone setting verizon has suggested.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Labels (1)
Re: LTE Network Extender Incorrect Time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the issues you've been having with the LTE network extender having issue with the incorrect time and that you had to contact us about the problem, dlbuller. Let me get more details about the issue and assist you. What is your exact location (city, state and zip code)? Are your settings they to match with the ones you use with your High Speed internet connection? -Ed

0 Likes
sw33
Enthusiast - Level 2

hey @dlbuller 

for "connected devices" - is that set to "set by verizon network", or did you enter a specific timezone? (I am assuming that you have tried both?)

I have seen my Android phone get into a weird state when LTE service is very "fringey" where it gets stuck in a state where it won't grab the network time and defaults to the stored internal (and very wrong) date/time setting.

Maybe try changing the setting on the extender and then give your devices a reboot and see if they pick up the new time?

0 Likes
dlbuller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve tried both.  The problem definitely isn’t on my phone…well if it is, it’s every single phone and watch that comes into our house. Up to 10 devices I’ve counted with incorrect time. 

verizon has an issue and the main issue is they take too long to help. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What is your exact location (city, state and zip code)?

-Tionna

0 Likes
McGroartyM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem as well. I contacted support and was told that it was my phone. It became a problem when someone staying at my home missed work because the time on their phone was set incorrectly. 

dgeorgi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did this ever get resolved?  I ask since I just installed a new network extender and I can only get EST time on my devices and Im in central timezone.  Ive tried to set multiple timezones in the network extender and always have EST on devices.  Factory resets, reboots after every change and all i get is NEW YORK as my timezone on devices.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dgeorgi We're sorry to read about the location concern with your extender. What kind of internet service are you using for this extender? ~Peter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting the issue resolved as soon as possible. To better assist, I'll be sending you a Private Note, please reply to it, so we can get started.

~Maria

0 Likes
packerbacker262
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue. I was late to the hospital today for one of my students surgeries. Can you please help me fix this issue? its NOT my phone, its the extender. Every device that connects to the extender does the same thing.