Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LTE Network Extender Restriction?
EricB

I just installed the LTE Network Extender. My internet connection is not that good but it works. The problem is it appears the neighbors can make call through my network extender and that takes away bandwidth from my use. How do I only allow my own cell phones to use the extender? If its open to anyone within its range It is useless to me because I barley have enough bandwidth for my own use as it is. 

0 Likes
Re: LTE Network Extender Restriction?
jav6

@EricB wrote:

I just installed the LTE Network Extender. My internet connection is not that good but it works. The problem is it appears the neighbors can make call through my network extender and that takes away bandwidth from my use. How do I only allow my own cell phones to use the extender? If its open to anyone within its range It is useless to me because I barley have enough bandwidth for my own use as it is. 

I believe you have the ability to adjust the signal level it outputs to restrict the range it covers. 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6

https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-lte-network-extender-user-guide.pdf

4G Net Extender transmit level.jpg

0 Likes
jav6

See this old thread (about whitelisting) toward the end where 

@SCOPUR20 explains his findings about controlling the transmit level:

VZW Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 - Range and ... - Verizon Community

0 Likes