LTE Network Extender Stuck on Server Error 8c
sky2222

I have (2) Verizon LTE Network Extenders. Verizon sent me a second after many failed attempts to get the first one working.

Firmware GA4.38 - V0.4.038.2131

The extenders boot, get to the HEMS server display shortly after that message clears and the display messages Server Error 8C check manual.

What I have tried. 

Another network extender, a different ISP I have two, port forwarding, DMZ, disabled sip agl, disabled IPsec in routers, mtu edit to 1428.  I have done multiple factory resets.  No luck. 

I have fiber 250mbps/250mbps with a static IP from my ISP 1 and at&t DSL 12mbps with a static IP for my ISP 2.  I get the same error message on both providers. Both with port forwarding setup.

Anyone else that has resolved this issue I would appreciate any feedback. My Verizon login shows both network extenders on my device list and the MAC addresses match the extenders.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Network Extender Stuck on Server Error 8c
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@sky2222 wrote:

I have (2) Verizon LTE Network Extenders. Verizon sent me a second after many failed attempts to get the first one working.

Firmware GA4.38 - V0.4.038.2131

The extenders boot, get to the HEMS server display shortly after that message clears and the display messages Server Error 8C check manual.

.   .   .

Anyone else that has resolved this issue I would appreciate any feedback. My Verizon login shows both network extenders on my device list and the MAC addresses match the extenders.

The fact that they show up on your account via My Verizon doesn't mean they have been added properly to the server database they connect to.  Technical Support needs to ensure the MAC ID's are properly added to the server database for network access.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
sky2222

jav6 that's good information to know. Maybe Verizon tech support will chime in and we can confirm this. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@sky2222 wrote:

jav6 that's good information to know. Maybe Verizon tech support will chime in and we can confirm this. 

Unfortunately, the agents that are notified of posts (and respond) on this Community Forum generally are not technical support.  Your best bet is to call a support number and ask for technical support.  The general support number is 800-922-0204 but I have found more specific technical support for network extenders at 888-262-1999, the National Accessibility Cust Svc Ctr.  Good luck!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our team would value the chance to look into that Network Extender error. Send us a Private Message.

*Eli

0 Likes
sky2222

When I try to PM you it won't let me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sky2222,

We're always here and ready to assist. Please send us a Private Message.

-Mark

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, sky2222. We are going to send you a Private Note for you to respond. 

*Cassie

0 Likes