LTE Network Extender error 5A
baconta

Plugged in a new Network Extender: ASK-SFE116 and it says "server error 5a please check user guide".  Found the user guide online because it doesn't come with one... When I go there it says to check my firewall settings.  I turned off my firewall temporarily to see if it made it work, but no dice.  It then says to call verizon.  I don't wanna sit on the phone for hours.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Network Extender error 5A
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What's up, baconta, I hope you are finding yourself well this evening.  I am here to help regarding your Network Extender and the error 5A.  I read through the userguide and it states "The LTE Network Extender has failed to get certificate from the CMP server; please contact your network administrator.  If the issue persists, please call Customer Service (800-922-
0204). "  The first step will be to contact your Internet Service Provider to make sure that all of the settings on your modem are set correctly and do not have anything on their end that would prevent your modem for allowing the Network Extender.  Once they confirm there are no issues, then we can start troubleshooting the device.  Does this make sense?    -SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
WW33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also same 5A Error Message problem for me with my brand new one day old Verizon LTE Network Extender.  Tried turning off firewall, no change. Then called my Internet provider and they said they had no restrictions and that my new Network Extender shouldn't have any problem receiving a certificate from them.. In fact the tech said she successfully uses the same Network Extender at her home. So..... any advice on what my next step is. 

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@WW33 wrote:

Also same 5A Error Message problem for me with my brand new one day old Verizon LTE Network Extender.  Tried turning off firewall, no change. Then called my Internet provider and they said they had no restrictions and that my new Network Extender shouldn't have any problem receiving a certificate from them.. In fact the tech said she successfully uses the same Network Extender at her home. So..... any advice on what my next step is. 

Have you called Customer Service, 800-922-0204 and had them check and CONFIRM that the MAC ID of the device has been properly activated on your account?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure that you can get connected to your network extender error free. Please send us a Private Message, so we can help you look into this. 

-AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
WandaDTV61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here!

Not happy when it said see the user guide and  it did not come with one!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@WandaDTV61 wrote:

Same problem here!

Not happy when it said see the user guide and  it did not come with one!

User Guides are available on the website by searching 'user guide'.  When I get a new device, I always download the latest user guide in case I need it.

https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-lte-network-extender-user-guide.pdf

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the issues you are having with your network extender, WandaDTV61. I want to do my best to make you happy. Let me get some more details to help you with the issues. What type of home internet do you have? The network extender requires high-speed internet with a minimum requirement of speeds. Does your home internet have a minimum internet speed of 10 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up? Did you try a different location in your home?  Here's a link that provides additional details on how to set up the LTE Network Extender (3rd Gen) for a reference 

https://www.verizon.com/support/network-extender/ Please keep us posted as to the information asked so we can best assist you. 

Edwin_W

0 Likes
eleffler

just purchased and having the same problem as everyone else, 5A  have verizon fios as provider for internet,  why do these things have to be so difficult ?  No user manual have googled and found this thread,  can't get through to Verizon for help on hold for god knows how long.  My phone dropping calls has been going on for weeks and FIOS says it wireless now you say its FIOS.  Really, I just need some decent customer support.  please let me know how I can talk to someone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here and we want you to get the most out of your Network Extender. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to get started.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes