Dagonit

Error 5A on new lte extender.  
what do I do?

0 Likes
Re: LTE Network Extender error 5A
BillM100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I can confirm that this error is 100% at Verizon's end.  It occurs because the unit has not been registered/activated with Verizon.  Once I was able to make contact with the right technical support, they entered the MAC addresses of my extenders and shortly after that the 5A error was gone and the units were fully functional. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have made it easy to set up and activate your Network Extender, please check  the steps in the link below:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-215982/

Check how to locate the MAC address here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-51110/

~Maria

0 Likes
DK60
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same error, and Jorge from Verizon had to transfer me to a higher level tech.  UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR 30 MINUTES waiting for said tech, without anyone coming on to say please keep waiting.  Ugh

0 Likes
buzzkilz

Definitely talk to Verizon tech support.  My Extender was not set up on my account.

0 Likes
buzzkilz

Definitely talk to tech support and make sure your device is linked to your account.

0 Likes
buzzkilz

You need tech support to activate it on Verizon end.  It is not an ISP problem.

0 Likes
JYablonski1

New device, 5a error. Network is ready to rock n roll so I figured it was the Mac address idea.....four customer support reps later, and one support ticket and no one knows what I'm talking about. They even almost added it as a whole new line on my account. I can only beg so much, I have no service at my new home address so either they want to activate the darn thing and keep me as a customer or they don't. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JYablonski1 wrote:

New device, 5a error. Network is ready to rock n roll so I figured it was the Mac address idea.....four customer support reps later, and one support ticket and no one knows what I'm talking about. They even almost added it as a whole new line on my account. I can only beg so much, I have no service at my new home address so either they want to activate the darn thing and keep me as a customer or they don't. 

In the past, I was able to get Network Extender tech support at the National Accessibility Cust Svc Ctr 888-262-1999

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having improved indoor service with a network extender should be seamless. We're sorry to learn about the recent issues. To confirm, was the extender registered to your wireless account? -Rita K.

0 Likes