Re: LTE Network Extender error 5A
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details. Have you you attempted to restart the network extender? If so, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed? ~ VZW_ChristianP

0 Likes
MJFLEX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rec'd Verizon 4GE LTE Network Extender yesterday. I have Verizon FIOS internet and Verizon Wireless and live in an area with a poor signal. The extender acquired an IP address from my router, then picked up GPS satellites (no GPS antenna was included in the box, but that didn't seem to matter). Then error 5A despite powering cycling. Called Tech Support-- no answer but the My Verizon Chat app worked. The tech was great. He had me send him the MAC ID of the unit then power it off. He added the MAC address into Verizon's system to activate it. Then I powered it on and no more 5A. It is working well. From reading this and other forums, it sounds like most if not all of these extenders ship out inactivated. Since Verizon is the one sending out the unit they would save themselves and their customers a lot of energy and grief if they were activated when shipped. Hope this helps others.

Joanne2273

I bought the LTE Network Extender today. Got the 5A error when hooking it up. I have a Nighthawk WiFi router. Called Verizon. Chris said it was an issue for my Internet provider. Called cable company. Codi said everything looked good on his end and that do not have firewalls. He said is was the router. I did not have this issue with the Samsung Network extender that worked well for the past 10 years. I have looked through the Nighthawk app and everything looks OK. I need a working network extender. Who can help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Joanne2273, we're concerned to learn that you're having issues with your new network extender, and we'd love to help!  Please send us a private note to better assist. ~Baldo

0 Likes
John03051

I have a CMP server error on my brand new Verizon Wireless LTE extender. I have checked with Comcast and nothing is wrong on their end. I am really frustrated and will need to drop Verizon wireless because it doesn’t work in my house and I work from home. 

0 Likes
John03051

I did that already. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John03051-

I know how important it is for your Network Extender to work especially since you work from home. We want to get to the bottom of your concern so that we can provide the best solution. Please respond to my Private Note at your earliest convenience.

-Angie

0 Likes
getonit

I just purchased my extender today and am getting the same error 5A. I have an Arris modem and Velop router. Please advise on what to do. thanks

0 Likes
Hh134

same error. please advise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting your Network Extender to work and want to help you with this. Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? *Lisa

0 Likes