Re: LTE Network Extender error 5A
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the help you need. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
msamdani

My Internet provider is Verizon FIOS and I am currently on phone with them and they are claiming I have to call Verizon Wireless. Can someone please look into this and help resolve it?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@msamdani wrote:

My Internet provider is Verizon FIOS and I am currently on phone with them and they are claiming I have to call Verizon Wireless. Can someone please look into this and help resolve it?

You need to call VZW at 800-922-0204 and ask for tech support or try National Accessibility Cust Svc Ctr at 888-262-1999.  They need to ensure your extender's MAC ID is associated to your account and maybe remove/re-associate it.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

msamdani, we appreciate you reaching out to let us know about the issues you're having with your LTE Network Extender. Rest assured you have reached the right place for help. Please be on the lookout for a Private Note that will be sent to you shortly to further discuss your concerns.

-Kevin

0 Likes
vlearned

The link you are using is the link to the older Extender 2 and that guide does not apply to the new ASK extender in this discussion.  This is the appropriate link to the square ASK LTE extender
https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-lte-network-extender-user-guide.pdf

0 Likes
rlstangel

I am having the same 5A error.  I have an Xfinity Router and have tried all steps including DMZ and Ports on my router and have also worked with Xfinity/Comcast on their end.  Everything is good to on with the router, but I still can't get past 5A error.  Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you're getting this error too, rlstangel. When did this start happening? Please check the Ethernet cable is firmly connected at both ends, and the switch, router or internet gateway is turned on.

Please keep us posted. -Vanessa

0 Likes
SatInternet

DON'T BOTHER IF YOU HAVE SATELLITE INTERNET. I wasted more than 2 hours only to have Tech Support tell me that the Network Extender usually doesn't work with satellite internet because satellite internet does not use fixed IP addresses.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SatInternet,

Since the Network Extender is a miniature cell site for your phone, it does require a landline based highspeed internet connect to work correctly. Satellite or other forms of wireless internet won't be compatible. 

-Christopher

0 Likes
pjs2010

We too are having a problem with our LTE Network Extender.  We are on the 3rd one from Verizon and have it plugged straight into the router.  It shows 9/10 satellites but no devices and then goes to Error 5A.  Over 3 days we have talked to 17 different people with over 5 hours on the phone and the final straw was when the corporate store manager got a tech on the phone for us after hitting the category for network extender and the person asked “what is a network extender and where did you get it from”?  I kid you not.  That was the final straw.  Is there someone who is not reading the troubleshooting manual please get in touch with us?  

0 Likes