Re: LTE Network Extender error 5A
Poopa

Had same problem, after 3 days of calls to tech support and Verizon blaming Spectrum router. Finally got level 2 tech at Verizon who entered MAC #of extender correctly in their system. Setup went smoothly albeit slow. Thank you John at Verizon tech support !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to review your Services with you. To allow us to do so properly, please leave us a Private Note here. We look forward to working with you soon.

*Robert

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@pjs2010 wrote:

We too are having a problem with our LTE Network Extender.  We are on the 3rd one from Verizon and have it plugged straight into the router.  It shows 9/10 satellites but no devices and then goes to Error 5A.  Over 3 days we have talked to 17 different people with over 5 hours on the phone and the final straw was when the corporate store manager got a tech on the phone for us after hitting the category for network extender and the person asked “what is a network extender and where did you get it from”?  I kid you not.  That was the final straw.  Is there someone who is not reading the troubleshooting manual please get in touch with us?  

There are network servers that have a database associating the MAC ID's of network extenders to users' accounts.  This is NOT the same as having the device show up in your My Verizon account.  Agents on this Forum @vzw_customer_support (Robert) can check your My Verizon account to see if the extender is there but generally aren't aware of this network server database requirement, nor do they have access to it.  You HAVE to get to an advanced technical support person who is aware and has access to the network server database to associate the MAC ID to your account.  When you call, keep pressing until you get transferred to one of these advanced technical support people.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Poopa wrote:

Had same problem, after 3 days of calls to tech support and Verizon blaming Spectrum router. Finally got level 2 tech at Verizon who entered MAC #of extender correctly in their system. Setup went smoothly albeit slow. Thank you John at Verizon tech support !

I have received network extender support from the Network Accessibility Cust Svc Ctr, 888-262-1999.  Maybe they have someone that can offer some assistance in getting your MAC ID associated properly.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Trans_Beauty_2022

Maybe you can try resetting the router or trying to add the device to your Internet Provider. I am guessing that is why you cant get a certificate from the Internet Provider. 

You may need to get the IP Address from the device. Just click the button to the left of the screen and you can find it there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you with this issue with your extender. Send us a private note so we can help you out. ~Peter

0 Likes